Home

NCAA Football 12 Review

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2011, 12:29 PM   #57
Rookie

duc748s's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Football 12 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgopens66
I don't think this is fair to say. Every sports game that has been released in the past year or 2 has had at least 1-2 major problems post release that have needed a patch. The show has. NHL has. NBA has.

It's unfortunate that the game needs a patch, but it's the standard for almost all games today. Not just NCAA.

With that said, I think NCAA 12 is the start of excellence for this series. CC in my opinion really pushes it over the edge.
I agree. As a MLB The Show Junkie they do have their share of issues at release, but that team is always quick to patch and if they can't, they say it will be fixed in the next years product if they are working on the release. But I honestly believe The Show is in a whole separate category, it's just that good. It's unfair to compare it to anything else, you're better off asking Joe Dirt to be like Eisenstein.

Beside CC, how are others missing suctionless tackling??? That is huge in my book. Plus broadcast presentation in RTG, full (custom)HS season in RTG, custom conferences for Dynasty... those are four of the top additions to this year that put this game above '11 in my book.

Just like last year, I expect some of the issues to be patched, as this is the norm with EA Sports games, it always have been like this for years. But the core product is much beeter than last years and I loved '11. The NCAA team has done well this year and have been outshining the Madden Team as of late. I always used to buy Madden at release but due to the NCAA team's progress these past few years I switched up. To me, the games is that much better. In a few years time, if the NCAA team continues down the current path, maybe then it can be compared to MLB:TS
Old 07-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 9
Good review friend. I haven't played this game since Brady Quinn was in the game, so picking it up this year, there were a ton of changes, as one would hoe and expect. I am superbly impressed by the game thus far. I have an online dynasty with my buddy, and the outcomes on All-American are really challenging when facing big schools with my Northern Illinois squad, as it should be. He is his alma matre, Western Mich. As for the other ofline dynasty i'm doing, Tulsa is really fun to play with. I haven't noticed anything that is disturbing yet, but I always keep my eyes and ears open
Old 07-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #59
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I agree

Btw - saying that does NOT mean it's perfect, simply it's the best overall package we've had on a console as of yet.

Totally agree. Superb game. A keeper. The only thing keeping it from true greatness is presentation. But gameplay and dynasty mode? Wow. truly impressed.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 07-16-2011, 02:22 PM   #60
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Seriously? This game plays like NCAA 13? I hope to god that isn't accurate because otherwise i'll skip next year's game. Is it a good game? Yes. But to say its a drastic improvement on NCAA 11 is crazy talk. Its a minor improvement gameplay wise.

Hey your opinion. But I digress. The AI is 100X's what NCAA 11 was. The tackling? Another world. Those 2 improvements alone make NCAA 11 unplayable now.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-16-2011, 02:23 PM   #61
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
I won't be on the NCAA board often, but I will check back when patches/tuners are released. Hopefully they are mindful on how there changes affect the A.I. Actually I will probably message you to stay in the loop, lol.
No prob buddy.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 02:30 PM   #62
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc748s
I agree. As a MLB The Show Junkie they do have their share of issues at release, but that team is always quick to patch and if they can't, they say it will be fixed in the next years product if they are working on the release. But I honestly believe The Show is in a whole separate category, it's just that good. It's unfair to compare it to anything else, you're better off asking Joe Dirt to be like Eisenstein.

Beside CC, how are others missing suctionless tackling??? That is huge in my book. Plus broadcast presentation in RTG, full (custom)HS season in RTG, custom conferences for Dynasty... those are four of the top additions to this year that put this game above '11 in my book.

Just like last year, I expect some of the issues to be patched, as this is the norm with EA Sports games, it always have been like this for years. But the core product is much beeter than last years and I loved '11. The NCAA team has done well this year and have been outshining the Madden Team as of late. I always used to buy Madden at release but due to the NCAA team's progress these past few years I switched up. To me, the games is that much better. In a few years time, if the NCAA team continues down the current path, maybe then it can be compared to MLB:TS

I created my high school team (North Miami Beach SR High class of 88) with a bunch of my friends as players, guys I play softball with now etc. Just trying to have fun with it. The problem though is when I load the team into RTG it does not use the names I made in Teambuilder? I am just not seeing them. Or...maybe they are not being played by the coach? I can't check because I have no access to the depth charts etc. Maybe because I made them all SR's? I don't know.

Any advice?
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-16-2011, 02:42 PM   #63
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

The overwhelming positive comments about NCAA'12', are truly impressive.

As of the '09' game, I simply just gave up on NCAA after years of playing it. The turnaround that the Tiburon NCAA team has seemingly made is well, impressive.

For the first time in three years I'm actually tempted to at least rent it.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:46 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceAlmighty
With as many bugs and things that don't work, absolutely not. It's a solid game and a solid place to move forward for the series, but the best game of all time? C'mon. Two of it's "features" don't even work (custom playbooks and the completely botched grass).

All games have bugs...as for your examples, custom play books work but apparently have issues which will no doubt be fixed in the patch and the 3D grass works just how it was intended to work, in the replays..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »