Home

NCAA 12 (PS3) freezes on start-up, any suggestions?

This is a discussion on NCAA 12 (PS3) freezes on start-up, any suggestions? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2011, 02:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NCAA 12 (PS3) freezes on start-up, any suggestions?

The game immediately freezes after starting the game. After the "Press Start" screen, then it goes to "Please Wait" screen and never unfreezes. The small rectangular "Loading" graphic stays on the screen and the small circle to the left of it keeps moving. The game never goes past this screen.
The game worked the first day and then the second day this popped up. It happens every time I try to play the game.

So far, every time I start the game. I called EA Sports and they had me perform a few troubleshooting techniques (delete the patch, redownload it) but that didn't help at all. The game gets to the "Please Wait" screen and freezes every time.
Does anyone have any suggestions or has anyone heard of something like this happening before? I've never had any problems like this with my PS3 or any games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 03:56 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: NCAA 12 (PS3) freezes on start-up, any suggestions?

UP - for help.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:42 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

mmm...not happening here. I know that screen has a crazy long load time tho. I would just try deleting the game file and deleting the patch and try reinstalling.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:03 PM   #4
Rookie

This is happening to me too! It happened to me right after I downloaded the Nike Pro Combat Uniforms code that I got from the pre-Order from Gamestop. Once I downloaded it and tried to go back into the game, it is frozen and it says "Loading" and I have let it sit there for a few hours and still nothing happens. Please someone help because I won't be able to play the game. Thank you!
Old 07-14-2011, 05:09 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

that happen to me to but i think thats the ps3 because i have the older version and all my buddies have the new version and it dosnt happen to them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 05:29 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 12

I have the old school first generation ps3, and have had no problems, so it isn't that.

I am sure you have tried everything at this point, but have you:

1. Disconnected the internet from your ps3? I am a firm believer that having your ps3 hooked up to the internet all the time is bad news.

2. Have you plugged in your controller? Is it plugged in when you start? If so, try unplugging and re-plugging in your controller on the "stuck screen"
Sounds crazy, but one year I kept having an ncaa/madden (can't remember) game freeze and I just unplugged my controller and it worked.

3. Delete the patch, stay off-line and try it again. I would also delete anything NCAA 12 related. Patch, Demo, Online Pass, etc. Make your system think this is the first time it has had NCAA 12 in it.

4. How much space is left on your hard drive? Start deleting stuff you can live without.

5. Is your disc scratched? Dirty?

6. Turn off your ps3, all the way off not just the power down option, and let it set for a few minutes.

I'm sure you have tried all of those things, but just trying to help out someone who really wants to play the game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 07-14-2011, 08:45 PM   #7
Rookie

Same thing is happening to me on 360. Get to click start screen. And then the loading freezes. Game has been working fine before this. I have played several games.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:32 PM   #8
Rookie

ty23huskernation's Arena

OVR: 9

same problem, it freezes on the loading screen right after i connect to ea servers, and push start to enter game, then the freeze, call playstation and took back the game, wtf ea

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »