Home

Eliminating Man Coverage

This is a discussion on Eliminating Man Coverage within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2011, 03:20 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
Eliminating Man Coverage

Is it possible to eliminate man coverage on this game for the CPU teams? I know they have custom playbooks so is there a way to create one where you take out all the man to man plays to force the CPU into zone? I'm just trying to work around the corners playing the bump and run where the recievers always break loose and burn them for an easy touchdown. It does not even feel rewarding when the user scores like this as it is a definite problem in the gameplay. Let me know what you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 03:30 PM   #2
Rookie

AZ9er's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Eliminating Man Coverage

What you described never happens to me. What difficulty are you playing on and where are your sliders set for CPU pass defense? If you want more realism, taking out man coverage seems counter-productive.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:36 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ9er
What you described never happens to me. What difficulty are you playing on and where are your sliders set for CPU pass defense? If you want more realism, taking out man coverage seems counter-productive.
Heisman pass coverage at 100 the problem is the CPU defense is to aggressive if your playing on any other level than Heisman this is not a huge problem. Oh and yeh it's definitely not something I would be thrilled to do you got that right definitely makes it less realistic in one aspect
Old 07-16-2011, 03:45 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
Smile Re: Eliminating Man Coverage

You say you have the pass coverage slider on a 100.
Could the slider be backwards, they were in Madden a few years ago.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:48 PM   #5
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorjuice
You say you have the pass coverage slider on a 100.
Could the slider be backwards, they were in Madden a few years ago.
It's possible because I had QB accuracy at 100 for one game and the next game I had moved it to 75 and they were completing everything on 75.

But I have run into the same issue as the OP. I don't think it actually matters what difficulty you play on, it happens no matter what. All-American and Heisman.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 03:59 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcern23
Is it possible to eliminate man coverage on this game for the CPU teams? I know they have custom playbooks so is there a way to create one where you take out all the man to man plays to force the CPU into zone? I'm just trying to work around the corners playing the bump and run where the recievers always break loose and burn them for an easy touchdown. It does not even feel rewarding when the user scores like this as it is a definite problem in the gameplay. Let me know what you guys think?
It's the default rosters.

1) WR release ratings are very high across the board.
-doesn't allow WR's to be re-routed/slowed during a bump

2)Route Run is high across the board.
-gives WR a speed boost out of every route to give perception of running a sharp/crisp route.

3) 90% of Default WR's are Olympic Track Stars.
-this with #1 + #2 above is what is creating your frustration in this area.

This issue seems to be more pronounced on AA and Heisman levels.

You need to get hold of a Re-rated Roster as no Slider adjustment alone will limit this issue.

This is the year were Ratings finally matter.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:59 PM   #7
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Maybe try editing the coach slider sets of the team you are playing against. Go to edit coach...go to OC or Head Coach slider and reduce their aggression to make them conservative.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »