Home

Stopping power runs.

This is a discussion on Stopping power runs. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2011, 10:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Stopping power runs.

I've lost 2 games in a row online 47-38 and 28-27. Both guys ran the same 3 or 4 running plays. I'm not sure exactly what plays they were but were nothing more than off tackle power runs or dives. Both would get 4 or 5 yards a time unless I completely sold out to the run, which he'd audible out to pass. I didn't want to get into the audible back and forth game so I just tried play after play from a normal 4-3 or 3-4 with shifts/slants. Nothing worked.

Anyone have a general strategy/tip/formation/play to help out? One more game of that and I'm going to start breaking things...and I always regret broken controllers later. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 10:12 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Stopping power runs.

Is he running out of the I-Forms so he has 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FB, 1 RB? If he is, stick to a 4-4. A 4-2-5 may not be necessarily bad either, if his runs are to the outside.

The play "Power O" has a pulling guard. The weak side guard comes to the strong side to become a blocker.

EDIT: Also, I suggest trying this... choose a pass defense, some sort of zone. When you come out of the huddle, audible your coverage to "Show Blitz" and your safeties and such will come down crowding the box as if you're blitzing or got a run D on. This might force your opponent to audible to a passing play, so just leave your blitz showing. They'll still drop into coverage.

Last edited by Pogo27; 07-16-2011 at 10:16 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:16 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
Is he running out of the I-Forms so he has 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FB, 1 RB? If he is, stick to a 4-4. A 4-2-5 may not be necessarily bad either, if his runs are to the outside.

The play "Power O" has a pulling guard. The weak side guard comes to the strong side to become a blocker.
That pulling guard was one play for the last guy. If I tried to crash inside to stop it he would pull it around the outside. He did it from the wishbone I think, she if I overplayed one side I think he would just reverse it.

I don't know for sure. I wasn't paying attention to his formations as much as messing with mine. I don't think I have a 4-4 in the multiple D playbook. I might have to switch defensive playbooks for the first time since NCAA came out. I've always used the Multiple D one.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:20 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

If you're main problem seems to be the edges, then 4-2-5 might work well for you.

Two of the 5 defensive backs are strong safeties that play just outside of the box to the left & right.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:22 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
If you're main problem seems to be the edges, then 4-2-5 might work well for you.

Two of the 5 defensive backs are strong safeties that play just outside of the box to the left & right.
Thx. That one is in my book for sure. I'll try it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »