Home

Need Community Help For Crash After Press Start

This is a discussion on Need Community Help For Crash After Press Start within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2011, 11:30 AM   #17
Greatest "Show" on Earth!

Yankees_CT's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Need Community Help For Crash After Press Start

Thanks for wanting to help! You said you'd be available around 6 pm, but I may not be available until later than that tonight. That's right at the time when I'll be leaving work, going home, and eating dinner tonight. I can probably get back to you around 9 pm EST or so. Would that be ok with you?
Yes, 9pm EST would be fine for me

I'm going to need this info from both of you guys:

1. What console are you on (360 or PS3)? 360
2. What is your Gamertag/profile? Yankees CT (with the space between)

I'll Upload the roster file as soon as I am in front of the 360.

THANKS!!
Old 07-20-2011, 11:42 AM   #18

Yankees_CT's Arena

"Mine froze for the first time last night. I played my first online game on NCAA 12 and my opponent conceded defeat. I exited the game and then it froze trying to save my stats. Restarted my xbox and it wouldn't let me get pass the load screen. I have FAIRDALE KINGS roster and also I have one that's just coaches. I don't remember the name of that one right now. I'll post that later. My favorite team is set as South Carolina. Hope this helps!"

Just an FYI, above is quoted from another user in the original thread. This is exactly what happened to me. I played my one and only online game and when I exited the game it froze at the autosave screen. Had to reboot the game and once I did is when I started getting the freeze at the start screen.

Last edited by Yankees_CT; 07-20-2011 at 11:44 AM. Reason: EDIT: serves me right trying to think I could compete with the online crowd guys. Should of stuck to my comfort zone,offline
Old 07-20-2011, 12:03 PM   #19
NCAA Football Series

DobzimusPrime's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees_CT
"Mine froze for the first time last night. I played my first online game on NCAA 12 and my opponent conceded defeat. I exited the game and then it froze trying to save my stats. Restarted my xbox and it wouldn't let me get pass the load screen. I have FAIRDALE KINGS roster and also I have one that's just coaches. I don't remember the name of that one right now. I'll post that later. My favorite team is set as South Carolina. Hope this helps!"

Just an FYI, above is quoted from another user in the original thread. This is exactly what happened to me. I played my one and only online game and when I exited the game it froze at the autosave screen. Had to reboot the game and once I did is when I started getting the freeze at the start screen.
Interesting... It's probably not a coincidence that the same thing happened to both of you. The original freeze/crash may be the cause of the freeze/crash after Press Start. Like, if the game crashed while autosaving, it's possible that it corrupted the file it was saving.

Do you know the date and/or time of the autosave crash that you hit? With that info I may be able to look up more info about that crash. Finding more info about that crash may be key to fixing the Press Start crash.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:11 PM   #20

Yankees_CT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DobzimusPrime
Interesting... It's probably not a coincidence that the same thing happened to both of you. The original freeze/crash may be the cause of the freeze/crash after Press Start. Like, if the game crashed while autosaving, it's possible that it corrupted the file it was saving.

Do you know the date and/or time of the autosave crash that you hit? With that info I may be able to look up more info about that crash. Finding more info about that crash may be key to fixing the Press Start crash.
It was early morning on the 19th, probably around 1:30 am (EST). It went to autosave afterwards and the loading ring just stopped and hung there.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:12 PM   #21
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

Yes logging out then pressing start is a workaround but my screen also freezes when I try and connect to the servers from the main menu. Well it will connect to the servers but the screen will get stuck where it says PLEASE WAIT...Checking Online Gameplay Tuning. The only way for me to get out of it is sign out of PSN like i have to do at the Press Start screen for it to unfreeze For me i dont think it has anything to do with files. It has something to do with the network or servers. Then sometimes when I do get past the PLEASE WAIT....Checking Online Gameplay Tuning then the screen will freeze on the main menu saying AUTOSAVE IN PROGRESS at the bottom of the screen.

EDIT: With it freezing while saying AUTOSAVE IN PROGRESS I dont think it is corrupting my files. I can still load all my files without any problems. Which is why i dont think the problems is with files. And they only way i can get out of this screen is by quieting the game or turning off my ps3

Last edited by fatleg3; 07-20-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 01:18 PM   #22
Rookie

Bucknut17's Arena

OVR: 5

alright im off work and have uploaded the roster file
Old 07-20-2011, 01:42 PM   #23
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

All I can tell you is I lock up when I try to start a game from my one person online dynasty, using a teambuilder team and Fairdale Kings rosters. I get the initial two team screens but once I confirm everything it goes to the usual black screen but never recovers.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:46 PM   #24
NCAA Football Series

DobzimusPrime's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknut17
alright im off work and have uploaded the roster file
I'm going to go download the roster now and see if I get the crash. I'll communicate with you over PM from this point on, ok?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »