Home

Good Morning, A few questions from a Madden only player

This is a discussion on Good Morning, A few questions from a Madden only player within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2011, 07:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Good Morning, A few questions from a Madden only player

I just played the Demo last night, first time playing NCAA since the PC days way back when, and I have to say wow. I have played Madden since day one, other then Front Page, and I really got bored with Last years model. I know they revamped the Offline stuff, but my questions are after playing the Demo.

1. I like playing both sides of the ball, in Dynasty mode am I going to be only able to play one side of the ball if I am a coordinator.? I am confused on the whole carousel thing.

2. Can you create players for dynasty play?

3. Are most games going to be High Scoring? I played Heisman Oregon and scored 17 points in demo. Do you see alot of defensive battles?

4. I see they still have QB #7 other then player names. Is this fixable.

Any other reason I should by the Game, as I am going to hold of on madden till I play or hear reviews.

Thanks

Sharkie
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 07:47 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Good Morning, A few questions from a Madden only player

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie58
1. I like playing both sides of the ball, in Dynasty mode am I going to be only able to play one side of the ball if I am a coordinator.? I am confused on the whole carousel thing.
If you choose to be a coordinator in a Dynasty, you'll only control one side of the ball. You will still have to do everything else a head coach is required to do (like recruit, set the depth chart, etc) but when you play a game, you'll only control your side. So if you are an Offensive Coordinator, you'll play offense. You will be forced to simulate everything else (including special teams).

You can also choose to be a Head Coach from the start. If you do this, you'll play the game just like normal.

Quote:
2. Can you create players for dynasty play?
You can create a player and put him on a team before you start a Dynasty or you can create a prospect to put in the recruiting pool and try to bring him to your team.

Quote:
3. Are most games going to be High Scoring? I played Heisman Oregon and scored 17 points in demo. Do you see alot of defensive battles?
It really depends on your team and the team your going up against. When I started a Dynasty as Hawai'i, I saw a lot of games in the 30s and 40s. It was going back and forth all over the place. When I played as Mississippi State (in the SEC, known for defense) I saw a lot of games in the 10s and 20s... so it varies. From my experience, though, there seems to be more high scoring games than not.

Quote:
4. I see they still have QB #7 other then player names. Is this fixable.
You can download rosters with the players names (just check out the NCAA Football Rosters sub-forum on here) and use them.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:51 AM   #3
Rookie

Bucknut17's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Good Morning, A few questions from a Madden only player

yes you can play offense and defense, but with CC you can chose to only be a OC or DC but that isnt required, you can simply just play as the HC

yes you can create players on your roster b4 you start the dynasty and use those players

there will be some low scoring games but the college game has a lot more scoring so there will be some high scoring games too

yes you can download rosters from a bunch of different people, some do only names for online, some do minor edits(pryor off the game, russell wilson from ncst to wisc) and other do complete overhauls to get them as accurate as possible (check the roster sub-section to check rosters out)

there are most definatly some glitches and bugs to be worked out yet on ncaa12, hopefully the 2nd patch will fix most of them but as far as the game itself this is a very good game and is a huge step forward from where they were 2 or 3 years ago, best football game to date IMO (especially if they work some of the bugs out)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »