Home

8pm Dynasty Game Sunny?

This is a discussion on 8pm Dynasty Game Sunny? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2011, 11:00 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
8pm Dynasty Game Sunny?

In my Dynasty I found it odd that I haven't played any night games. Especially me (USC) at Arizona St. in September (hot!). I looked at the team schedule and saw my next game at Colorado was a night game. Cool. The game looks better at night. I feel the lighting effects are maybe a bit overdone on day games. I go to play the game...................Bright and sunny. 8pm in November????????????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 11:07 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 8pm Dynasty Game Sunny?

All times are est... so it was 6 pm there. It will turn night as the game gos on.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:14 AM   #3
MVP

I live in Colorado and at 6pm in November it is pitch black. Starts to get dark at like 4:30. I'm starting to play the game now. We'll see if it gets dark.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:08 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
I live in Colorado and at 6pm in November it is pitch black. Starts to get dark at like 4:30. I'm starting to play the game now. We'll see if it gets dark.
That's all nice and dandy but its not based on certain areas. In most areas it stays light around 6 pm until December-January. I highly doubt EA is going to go and redo their lightning based on time for every stadium and city in the game.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:09 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

6 pm? You must like your summer too much. It stays light longer in winter the further south you go. Miami, FL, on the first day of winter (the shortest day of the year), sunset is around 5:30. Mid-November is around 5:35. Sunset in boulder in mid-November is around 5 pm. It's dark.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 02:13 PM   #6
MVP

It did get dark in the second half. Thought something was amiss.

BTW wikedjug, every area I've lived in (Los Angeles, Philly) it's dark at 6pm after daylight savings time. So around Halloween it's dark.

No one was suggesting EA do anything unless there was indeed something wrong with 8pm games being light outside for the entire game. Just saying. Still kinda silly though. Hawaii I guess will never have a night game if its based on EST. Unless of course its noon game is really at 5 in the morning.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:04 PM   #7
Rookie

lol dark at 6 pm in October? Everywhere I lived(Ohio, New York, North Carolina and Michigan) this is not the case, it is never that dark early until winter is really here, daylight savings time has little to do with it more so the solar cycle.

Maybe in Colorado, maybe on the west coast I don't know I'm speaking from personal experiance and late NFL games seem to be the same. You never see 4 pm NFL games get dark generally until 6:30-7pm+ until you are well into december.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #8
Rookie

DahLZy's Arena

OVR: 3

In Minnesota, it doesn't get dark to around 7 PM or late seven in the early fall. Seems realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »