Home

"Fighting for the Ball" should be a major focus in NCAA 13

This is a discussion on "Fighting for the Ball" should be a major focus in NCAA 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2011, 09:39 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: "Fighting for the Ball" should be a major focus in NCAA 13

I had a brutal game the other day where I threw 3 INTs on passes that the WR could have played but didn't. It was infuriating for sure. But I have my CPU pass coverage and INT sliders at 100 and my WR catch slider very low.

I wonder if lowering the CPU INT slider and upping the WR catch slider will trigger animations where the WR makes an attempt to catch the ball instead of just running past it. I know in other areas slider adjustments bring out new animations, so this could be a similar area.

On the jump balls, those are also super frustrating. What you really have to do is switch to a DB, cut under the WR by a yard or two and jump early. You'll get a pick or the swat. If you try to play it from behind the WR or side by side you'll never out-jump him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2011, 12:17 PM   #26
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I had a brutal game the other day where I threw 3 INTs on passes that the WR could have played but didn't. It was infuriating for sure. But I have my CPU pass coverage and INT sliders at 100 and my WR catch slider very low.

I wonder if lowering the CPU INT slider and upping the WR catch slider will trigger animations where the WR makes an attempt to catch the ball instead of just running past it. I know in other areas slider adjustments bring out new animations, so this could be a similar area.

On the jump balls, those are also super frustrating. What you really have to do is switch to a DB, cut under the WR by a yard or two and jump early. You'll get a pick or the swat. If you try to play it from behind the WR or side by side you'll never out-jump him.
I know we are using the same slider set, and I'm seeing the same things. I would tend to think you are correct in that bumping up HUM Catching and lowering CPU INT would help make the HUM receivers a bit more aggressive when going for the ball; like you said, it can be annoying when your WR simply doesn't make a play on the ball and it winds up in the CPU's hands.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 07-28-2011, 01:46 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 10

Id love to see them add some fifa-esq jostling. As of right now the wrs and dbs dont interact like you see in real life. They shuld add some kind of push and pull type system which could also go a long way towards helping pass interference calls

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »