Home

Quick Slants are money plays against the cpu

This is a discussion on Quick Slants are money plays against the cpu within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2011, 04:25 AM   #17
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Quick Slants are money plays against the cpu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJ2006
When i run that play on default heisman it doesn't work all of the time. Maybe try tweaking spiders on that difficulty if its too easy on AA
Okay no way am I doing that!

hehe I play default AA and the slant, like real life, is a high percentage play, but hardly money. I get picked or stopped plenty.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:12 AM   #18
Rookie

sebalishish's Arena

OVR: 2

Yeah, I play on Heisman and get picked by MLB alot. Somtimes works in the red zone. I have more success with out routes.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:33 AM   #19
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7

I have the opposite problem. The slants very rarely work. In fact most routes don't work well because it seems like the defenders know exactly what route the receiver is going to run. Also I have seen many many times so far the defender makes the cut before my receiver does and then BOOM I get sacked because I don't have anytime to throw the ball.

I love the game but some of these issues are getting annoying.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Slants are 50/50 for me, depends on what coverage the CPU is in. I think we got us a cheeser.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:57 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 0

wait didnt that WR named jerry rice make a living on slant plays.......i think so
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 10:58 AM   #22
Rookie

tebowfanai's Arena

OVR: 9

A good corner will jam your receiver at the line, making it difficult to even get off a pass. Also, if the other team has a good set of linebackers or safties who cheat up, it will be interception city. I love the slant route but I try to incorporate a real variety when passing the ball.

- Chuck Noll
Old 07-24-2011, 11:00 AM   #23
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

What is your threshold slider set to? This plays a big part in slant plays. If you have it down to low your receivers will always get seperation. The Threshold slider is one of the biggest game changing sliders in NCAA and Madden every year since it came out.

Crank that thing up to a high number and the DBs will be all over your WR's like flys on sh*t.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:07 AM   #24
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy316
I have the opposite problem. The slants very rarely work. In fact most routes don't work well because it seems like the defenders know exactly what route the receiver is going to run. Also I have seen many many times so far the defender makes the cut before my receiver does and then BOOM I get sacked because I don't have anytime to throw the ball.

I love the game but some of these issues are getting annoying.
Lower your threshold to like 30 and see that you wont have this happen as much. With the default 50 again they will be all over your WR. Some of the game logic will make them mess up on certain cheesy long bombs that others have idendified in different threads on here, but for the most part raising and lowering threshold does way more that increasing coverage slider. I prefer to turn down my interceptions to a very low number and keep threshold just around 30. That makes for me (everyone is different of course) the best setup. I get about 50% completion in RTG as QB using stupid coach plays or about 55 to 60% when I call my own plays in Dynasty. I get picked about 1 or 2x a game max with INTs at between 5-10 and the DBs knock down a lot of balls without the cheesy INTs you see a lot if you have INTs at 50 and Threshold at 50.

This is all on AA.

Last edited by SGMRock; 07-24-2011 at 12:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »