Home

Quick Slants are money plays against the cpu

This is a discussion on Quick Slants are money plays against the cpu within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2011, 08:39 PM   #49
Rookie

AZ9er's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Quick Slants are money plays against the cpu

With kkman's AA sliders, the slant play fails about 75% of the time. Very susceptible to linebackers with 50inch verticals and 10 millisecond reaction time. :-\
Old 07-24-2011, 09:21 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by etnies55
slants is one of my go to plays on 3rd down as well. However, i don't think I succeed with it enough to call it a money play. I usually use it when it's 3rd and 5-10, and the cpu jams my receivers at the line about half the time. By the time my receivers get in the clear, I'm under pressure and/or throwing a bad pass. So, to me, it's still a gamble.
This, exactly...this...

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
AA doesn't give a lot of us realism. There is nothing real about me taking a team like LA Monroe and beating the crap out of Alabama in which I would do with no problem on AA. There is nothing realistic about that. Have you actually gave Heisman a try this year or is you assuming it cheats like it has in years past even though I still had no trouble with the CPU in past games. CPUs is quite easy on default Heisman. But to each his own I guess. I understand everyone's skill level isn't the same but you can't knock somebody for suggesting he should crank up his level if he easily smashing the CPU with just slant routes on AA which is very believable because the AI reponds very slow on that level.
As bkrich said, realism is based on various factors., skill level, sliders and,in general, how you play the game. What I do know is that EA has stated that the games ratings (of the players) are designed to be played on AA. Playing on Heisman simply makes the game harder by making the CPU artificially better, by giving it boosts (what many of us would call cheating)..

If that's what you need to enjoy the game, for it to boost the CPU in that fashion, then fine, play on Heisman, but as for me, I'm more interested in the players playing to their attributes then boosting the CPU to make the game harder, with what I view as a lot of ridiculous cheating that you have to overcome on that level. That, to me, is simply not realism, but as I said, to each his own. It's purely subjective..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 09:31 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by defwen23
Not really a fan of heisman mode. Like I stated before, I upped the speed threshold to 75 from the 40 range in which I was playing before, and saw much better coverage by the line backers on the slants (almost too good in some cases) Hopefully I can talk the good ole commish to at least have the threshold at default (50) I think anything lower and you can burn the cpu linebackers in most situations.
We can just turn the threshold back to 50, works for me..

Old 07-24-2011, 09:43 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
As bkrich said, realism is based on various factors., skill level, sliders and,in general, how you play the game. What I do know is that EA has stated that the games ratings (of the players) are designed to be played on AA. Playing on Heisman simply makes the game harder by making the CPU artificially better, by giving it boosts (what many of us would call cheating)..

If that's what you need to enjoy the game, for it to boost the CPU in that fashion, then fine, play on Heisman, but as for me, I'm more interested in the players playing to their attributes then boosting the CPU to make the game harder, with what I view as a lot of ridiculous cheating that you have to overcome on that level. That, to me, is simply not realism, but as I said, to each his own. It's purely subjective..
IMO on AA it gives the CPU players a drop in there ratings where the USER can overpower them with ease and you can go out there with North Texas and handle Oklahoma. That to me is not realistic. I rather go against a smarter AI instead of a slow one. On this years version you don't see some of the stuff you would call cheating by the CPU on Heisman. They actually need help. I don't see the boost your talking about. To me I see a much smarter AI where you have to use strategy to win games when you play good or elite teams. Not just go out there and pick one play and dominate with ease. You still blow out bum teams with no problem if your good enough on Heisman. But I understand everyone isn't built for Heisman and AA is perfect for some guys to get the realistic results there looking for. Heisman gives me the realistic results I'm looking for not a boost from the CPU. But your right to each his own..
Old 07-24-2011, 11:03 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
IMO on AA it gives the CPU players a drop in there ratings where the USER can overpower them with ease and you can go out there with North Texas and handle Oklahoma. That to me is not realistic. I rather go against a smarter AI instead of a slow one.
If you can overpower Oklahoma with North Texas state you are the exception to the rule, not the rule, congratulations though as I cannot and the people I game with cannot. In fact I am about even with the CPU on AA playing straight up with teams of an even nature. Maybe in past years games but not in this years game anyways, maybe a couple of years ago but not anymore thanks to EAs improved AI.

As for Heisman, maybe sometime down the road, I'd I find myself beating up on Oklahoma with North Texas, I will give Heisman a try and see if it truly plays smarter, not just with more artificial boosts. I know you and some others have said Heisman is different this year but I've played EA games since Madden began on the PC and I've heard that every year so I'm skeptical. But as of now I'm doing just fine on AA so I see no need to ever even want to change.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:33 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
If you can overpower Oklahoma with North Texas state you are the exception to the rule, not the rule, congratulations though as I cannot and the people I game with cannot. In fact I am about even with the CPU on AA playing straight up with teams of an even nature. Maybe in past years games but not in this years game anyways, maybe a couple of years ago but not anymore thanks to EAs improved AI.

As for Heisman, maybe sometime down the road, I'd I find myself beating up on Oklahoma with North Texas, I will give Heisman a try and see if it truly plays smarter, not just with more artificial boosts. I know you and some others have said Heisman is different this year but I've played EA games since Madden began on the PC and I've heard that every year so I'm skeptical. But as of now I'm doing just fine on AA so I see no need to ever even want to change.
. Yeah I nearly beat Alabama with Bowling Green when I first got going with my sliders so I can see myself handling elite teams on Aa with mediocre ones on AA. The AI has definitely improved over the last few years but not to the point where I don't have to adjust sliders.. But trust me you'll think differently of heisman this year if you decide to try it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 01:37 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Game has potential to simulate realistic results in the passing game

Just from testing the WR release rating and strength rating brings the ultimate realism in this type of play.

You see what i discovered is if the WR isn't strong enough to beat the jam or press at the LOS right away it will throw off the timing of the pattern big time especially if the CPU pass rush slider is at 100 forcing you to make the read and get rid of the ball quicker.

Now i know not a lot people really bother observing the release rating but it does have a major IMPACT on the overall realism in this game regarding the CB/WR interaction at the LOS when the CPU does decide to use his Press coverage rating

So this test dummy WR who edited down to 40 strength and 40 release really struggled vs a avg DB who only had 62 strength which is pretty damn good for corner but his press coverage rating was only 71.

That WR had atleast 4 instances in which he was simply stood up at the LOS long enough to throw off the timing of the pattern.

Now imagine the different types of scenarios you could get to play out if the QB wasn't a accurate thrower and the WR wasn't that good at beating press coverage or better yet was not a good route runner or pass catcher in traffic.

Ultimately I could realistically create me a Michael Irvin type of WR on one side of the field and opposite of him create me a Kevin Martin who tends to struggle with the Press coverage.....so this play becomes risky if it is designed for Martin as opposed to Irvin

That is the type of simulation factors that this game is capable of providing that i feel is badly missing because other than the catch ratings too many WR's are playing way too much a like right out of the box.

Not sure when EA plans to fix the roster glitch stuff but sometimes I wish EA had a game tester who actually took these ratings and just observed what could happen in certain situations.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »