Home

Bottom line - passing game just isn't fun

This is a discussion on Bottom line - passing game just isn't fun within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2011, 09:41 PM   #81
Banned

AutoMG's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Bottom line - passing game just isn't fun

I agree Bk, I have played 30+ games with all different sliders and really haven't seen hardly any psychic D etc. Don't get all the whiners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 09:50 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Shenanigans.

Hyperbole for the sake of hyperbole makes it impossible to take you seriously.

And saying that CPU defenses are 99% realistic is factual? Right...

So you're refuting that any of the following exists? Please elaborate and explain how this is 99% accurate to real life defense.

240 lb. LBs can instantaneously shift momentum and defy physics with their leaping ability. I didn't know lack of weight or gravity was realistic.

DB's don't need to read the offense or QB to know when the ball is passed and to which receiver. I wasn't aware that all DB's have eyes in the back of their heads. That's realistic.

CB's that know the WR's route and runs it ahead of them. I didn't know DB's could do that. Maybe Revis or Aso should study NCAA to improve their man coverage skills.

DE's in a 4-3 don't do anything. I didn't know that this was the case in real life.

Defenses react way too slowly to QB scrambles. Sometimes they just sit in zone until I'm 10 yards past the LOS. I wasn't aware that was realistic, either.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Do you think that LB's behave 99% realistically? They don't adhere to the principles of physics, which create an unrealistic gameplay and visual experience. They shouldn't be able to completely shift their momentum on a dime and jump backwards to make an INT. They're currently playing coverage better than any LB in the history of football. 99% realistic, huh?

So you think DB's should NEVER have to ever read the defense of watch the QB to know exactly where the ball is going? If a CB is covering my WR on a seam, running full sprint with his back toward me, when I pass to an underneath WR, why does the CB know the instant i press the pass button (not even when the throwing animation occurs, but when the button is pressed)? Realistically, DB's MUST watch the play/QB to react to the play. Psychic defending is 99% realistic now, lol..

The defensive programming and AI is inherently flawed and unrealistic. And there certainly is a lot of blatant hyperbole here, but it's coming from your end. Lol at you calling the CPU defense 99% realistic, then saying anyone who disagrees is exaggerating. nice contribution to this thread..
Old 07-24-2011, 09:54 PM   #83
Rookie

tebowfanai's Arena

OVR: 9

I've experienced all these things too. I lead the nation in interceptions in my dynasty with ECU after four games with 13 interceptions as opposed to 8 touchdowns. I still enjoy passing but it gets frustrating quite often.

- Chuck Noll
Old 07-24-2011, 10:02 PM   #84
Rookie

Quote:
I am convinced half these people don't even have the game.
So you think that anyone that disagrees with your opinions doesn't have the game. How convenient for you and your ego. Does believing that make your rose colored glasses fit better?

Quote:
over exaggeration and hyperbole has ruined this forum.
I have an idea. Next time you dislike a topic that's being discussed, refrain from joining the discussion. It's called freedom of choice. You're welcome.

And I'm not usually a grammar Nazi, but your last sentence is awful. First, "over exaggeration" is a redundant term. Hyperbole is a synonym for exaggeration. That makes your sentence redundant twice.

Your exaggerations, coupled with having nothing intelligent to contribute, have ruined this thread. English.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:07 PM   #85
Stambot is loading...

tbbucsfan001's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenFranchise10
This is the third time I've had to reiterate this..

We're not complaining about passing being too difficult. Why do you people keep thinking that's the case? This thread's title isn't "Passing is too hard. WHAAAA!"

Reading comprehension is sorely lacking among the EA fans..

We're upset that the CPU defense behaves unrealistically and the flawed programming detracts from the enjoyment of the game. Bottom line - the passing game just isn't fun.
Sorry for making you reiterate... I was trying to imply that I am having fun passing and not having fun running. Success=fun.
“Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I'm human” - Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Notes from Underground
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 10:10 PM   #86
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

if you could throw a regular pass instead of only a bullet or lob it would be fun. but the fact that they dumbed that down to make the game more difficult is just stupid. so yeah, it's not fun to drop back and say, "well, if i could throw the ball normally that guy would be open. so i guess i'll just take a sack or throw a bullet and hope i get lucky." i think it's time to face the fact that tiburon just isn't that good of a developer.

blaming the suits just doesn't make any sense. there's no reason they wouldn't want a great game coming out of their company.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:13 PM   #87
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbbucsfan001
Sorry for making you reiterate... I was trying to imply that I am having fun passing and not having fun running. Success=fun.
Sorry for the tone, just got annoyed by people misunderstanding the criticism. It's not about too easy or too hard. It's about realistic or unrealistic.

Btw, if success is the most important thing for you, you should play on Varsity with all the User sliders at 100 and CPU sliders at 0. You can just throw 4 vert every play and score 150 points a game. That's not my kind of fun, though. I want to play a football game that resembles football.

I often wonder how many "football" gamers are really just looking for a new Blitz game.. Maybe that's why there's so much disagreement here. Some value realism and others want to drop 500 yards a game.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:14 PM   #88
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenFranchise10
So you think that anyone that disagrees with your opinions doesn't have the game. How convenient for you and your ego. Does believing that make your rose colored glasses fit better?

I have an idea. Next time you dislike a topic that's being discussed, refrain from joining the discussion. It's called freedom of choice. You're welcome.

And I'm not usually a grammar Nazi, but your last sentence is awful. First, "over exaggeration" is a redundant term. Hyperbole is a synonym for exaggeration. That makes your sentence redundant twice.

Your exaggerations, coupled with having nothing intelligent to contribute, have ruined this thread. English.
You missed my point. Plus it's apparent you really have nothing to contribut since you had to resort to weak insults.

Apparently it's you who can't handle it when people don't agree. But keep up the crusade.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »