Home

Bottom line - passing game just isn't fun

This is a discussion on Bottom line - passing game just isn't fun within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-24-2011, 12:59 PM   #9
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Bottom line - passing game just isn't fun

After sitting in practice mode for about 3 hours I love the passing game.

The first couple games I played I was getting picked left and right. I also got a ton of passes batted down. After going into practice mode and sitting there running the same play for 20 minutes straight you learn how to read your openings.

Just sit there and throw it to him over and over again during different parts of his route. If you do this long enough you will learn the new distances and how to keep the improved zone coverage from killing you.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
why do people call them super LB ers they hardly get of the ground it's the height of the ball....p.s love the passing in pass years i wouls have to dumb down my passing not now...love it
Old 07-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #11
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygunn
I dont know whether it's the super human linebacker jumps, or the super human speed on zone coverage, or the psychic DB's or whatever it is but it's just not fun to throw. Running game feels about right but passing just blows. I'm so gun shy throwing because I know even if I guy is open (which is rare) some crazy thing is going to happen resulting in a pick. I also think the throwing animation takes a bit too long resulting in more sacks than should be.
tommygun turn your Threshold down to about 30ish and you will find that the DBs and LB's are not as quick closing holes in zones and that you get some room to pass. Turn down INTs for CPU and they will bat more balls instead of getting 10 ints a game, which makes it more fun. You will get 3 and outs instead of 10 Ints which is just as challenging.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 01:05 PM   #12
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
why do people call them super LB ers they hardly get of the ground it's the height of the ball....p.s love the passing in pass years i wouls have to dumb down my passing not now...love it
Its a combination of the 2 I think. Sometimes they jump sideways and up which if you watch and try and duplicate is not a very easy thing to do! :P

But I think as you said the main reason is that ball trajectory is not correct. Several of us talked about this in another thread. A lot of times the LBs are batting it down or INT it when it should theorectically be at its highest apex. Part of that is its hard to control what will be bullet and not bullet. The other part of that is EA needs to fix the arch of the ball on downfield passes, its is way too flat.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:12 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Any of the people who say "I love the passing game because I spent 2 and a half weeks in nothing but practice mode so I could get good at it" need to just drop it. It is unrealistic and all of the issues in this thread along with the fact the CPU always knows what play you are running keeps this game from being good.

Does anyone else think if they spent next year working on defense the way they did offense this last year (gameplay, schemes, personnel) that it would allow them to eliminate their need for these "crutches" they use to keep the defense from being dominated?
Old 07-24-2011, 01:23 PM   #14
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn Sutton
Any of the people who say "I love the passing game because I spent 2 and a half weeks in nothing but practice mode so I could get good at it" need to just drop it. It is unrealistic and all of the issues in this thread along with the fact the CPU always knows what play you are running keeps this game from being good.

Does anyone else think if they spent next year working on defense the way they did offense this last year (gameplay, schemes, personnel) that it would allow them to eliminate their need for these "crutches" they use to keep the defense from being dominated?
Umm 2 and half weeks and 3 hours is a huge difference. Instead of playing two more games and getting the same results I spent the same amount of time in practice mode and learned the timing of this years game.

First three games (even teams):
13/31 191yds, 2tds, 4 ints
16/29 217yds, 3tds, 3 ints
17/37 264yds, 4tds, 2 ints

The problem I was having was the "superman" LB's jumping my routes. After i actually went into practice mode and learned how to read the LB's, my next 2 games went as follows.
24/31 341yds, 4tds, 2ints
25/34 378yds, 3tds, 1 int

Is the defense better this year, YES! Why? Maybe because they actually understand zone coverage better. With that said I play on Heisman and I expect superhuman reaction times, its part of making the game harder. If the game is too hard for you learn to pass (by going into practice mode) or lower your sliders or difficulty.

EDIT:
And yes there are trajectory issues with passing.

Last edited by PocketScout; 07-24-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:44 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 15

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...uccess+passing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 01:57 PM   #16
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27

This.

I am NOT a great player but by just taking what I'm given on certain plays, not forcing the issue and making smart adjustments I am doing fine. I love it this year. You're forced to play smart. You don't get your favorite route each play, sometimes you do, but most likely not. That's realism.

I am not saying this about anyone on this thread but I think a lot of people are like the old me, wanting to hit a certain guy/route on certain plays and now it's not there so you get frustrated. I remember when the Eagles had TO and they would move him all over the field to get him open, left, right, slot, always changing it up. One of his big complaints as a Cowboy was that he always lined up in the same place every play and the defense always had his #.

NCAA 12 forces you to be like the Eagles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »