Home

Is this recruiting cheese?

This is a discussion on Is this recruiting cheese? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2011, 06:31 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 32
Is this recruiting cheese?

I do this every year and sometimes feel guilty about it, but I feel like it gives my dynasty more staying power and I enjoy it more.

I create ALL of the real life recruits who have committed to my school in real life. Here is where the cheese might come in. I use Washington, a three-star school. Sarkisian has been pulling in some pretty nice classes lately and 2011 looks to be no different. We have two four-star QB's committed to us (Jeff Lindquist and Cyler Miles). He has a couple of other four-star recruits as well.

Well, as it is, it's pretty hard to sign four-star recruits in the game with Washington. Sometimes I can land a couple, which is pretty realistic, but I would get pretty frustrated when I created a real life recruit and he chose a different school in the game. I was stuck on how to fix this, so I, um... Cheesed.

I create the prospects and give them realistic ratings. For Lindquist, he'll be a 74-76 overall rated QB. I'll give him those ratings, but then I'll go change his position to PUNTER before saving. Now I have Jeff Lindquist, a one-star punter to recruit. When I land him and the season is over, I'll go put his position back to QB and there it is. I do this with all of the real life recruits who have committed.

It's not fool proof, as some lower rated recruits that I create choose WSU, or another school. But for the most part, I'm landing all of the real life guys that Washington got commitments from in real life.

So, is this cheese? Again, I only create real life recruits who have committed to Washington in real life. If a kid decommits before signing day in real life, I'll bury him on the depth chart and then cut him before the start of the next season.

For anyone who wants a run down on how to do it (it's simple)...

• Create real life prospect
  • Use Scout/Rivals to accurately rate
  • Change position to where he would be a low rated recruit
  • Recruit
  • Sign
  • Change position
This isn't earth shattering and I'm sure a lot of people already do this, but I was curious if people think this is cheesing - and maybe others will see this and use it as a tool to make their dynasties more fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 06:35 PM   #2
Rookie

anonymous6237's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is this recruiting cheese?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
I do this every year and sometimes feel guilty about it, but I feel like it gives my dynasty more staying power and I enjoy it more.

I create ALL of the real life recruits who have committed to my school in real life. Here is where the cheese might come in. I use Washington, a three-star school. Sarkisian has been pulling in some pretty nice classes lately and 2011 looks to be no different. We have two four-star QB's committed to us (Jeff Lindquist and Cyler Miles). He has a couple of other four-star recruits as well.

Well, as it is, it's pretty hard to sign four-star recruits in the game with Washington. Sometimes I can land a couple, which is pretty realistic, but I would get pretty frustrated when I created a real life recruit and he chose a different school in the game. I was stuck on how to fix this, so I, um... Cheesed.

I create the prospects and give them realistic ratings. For Lindquist, he'll be a 74-76 overall rated QB. I'll give him those ratings, but then I'll go change his position to PUNTER before saving. Now I have Jeff Lindquist, a one-star punter to recruit. When I land him and the season is over, I'll go put his position back to QB and there it is. I do this with all of the real life recruits who have committed.

It's not fool proof, as some lower rated recruits that I create choose WSU, or another school. But for the most part, I'm landing all of the real life guys that Washington got commitments from in real life.

So, is this cheese? Again, I only create real life recruits who have committed to Washington in real life. If a kid decommits before signing day in real life, I'll bury him on the depth chart and then cut him before the start of the next season.

For anyone who wants a run down on how to do it (it's simple)...

• Create real life prospect
  • Use Scout/Rivals to accurately rate
  • Change position to where he would be a low rated recruit
  • Recruit
  • Sign
  • Change position
This isn't earth shattering and I'm sure a lot of people already do this, but I was curious if people think this is cheesing - and maybe others will see this and use it as a tool to make their dynasties more fun.
I did it in last years game with a silly North Texas dynasty I had going for a few years. The only problem is their awareness takes a huge hit.

I created a recruit named Carlos Fernandez who could play every position on the team except kicker or punter. It was hilarious.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:37 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous6237
I did it in last years game with a silly North Texas dynasty I had going for a few years. The only problem is their awareness takes a huge hit.

I created a recruit named Carlos Fernandez who could play every position on the team except kicker or punter. It was hilarious.
Yeah, but I try and stay as realistic as possible when I do it.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:40 PM   #4
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

I would call this cheese or at least cheap. But it''s your dynasty, do what makes it fun for you.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 07-24-2011, 06:41 PM   #5
Rookie

troy184's Arena

OVR: 2

I just rename my recruits with the same name as my schools current commits.....sucks I cant edit HGHT/WGHT and hometown though. I try to match them as close as possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 06:54 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Its your game so if thats what you want to do then you can do it.
In other versions of the Game that is how I made bad teams get better super fast.
Just put a player as a P and have his kicking stats down and increase whatever stats you want.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:21 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy184
I just rename my recruits with the same name as my schools current commits.....sucks I cant edit HGHT/WGHT and hometown though. I try to match them as close as possible.
This is what I do. Or if I get too many I'll just change their name to a similarly sized/rated prospect who hasn't committed yet.

And to the OP, I don't think it's cheesing since you're only doing it to make the game more realistic. You're not making 99OVR QBs and snatching them up at punters. And don't worry about the AWR hit, since you can always edit ratings.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:12 AM   #8
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

Raise AWR 25 points higher than you want it to be, that way it's exactly like you want after you swap him back to QB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »