Home

Best offensive style for ncaa12

This is a discussion on Best offensive style for ncaa12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2011, 09:52 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Best offensive style for ncaa12

Shotgun running is ineffective? I personally can run Shotgun 4WR Trio the entire game doing nothing but Read Option, Motion WR Option, QB Blast, HB Off Tackle & QB Wraps. It's so easy because the defense actually calls formations based on personnel now instead of down/distance... and you eat up dimes that way. The offset HB helps, I think...

The only time I have trouble with the option reads is when I'm playing a team with an absolute stud DE who crashes (so you keep with QB) but instead of following the HB fake, he nails the QB, or a team with 2 stud DTs that consistently beat the double team off the snap.

Now I do have a good team with a good line that I've built through recruiting, and I do play on an easier difficulty, but from what I've found, it's very realistic.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:10 PM   #18
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

Use Floridas Offense and Defense playbooks. The D play playbooks is multiple, and the offense has everything pretty much.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:19 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashamael
Shotgun running is ineffective? I personally can run Shotgun 4WR Trio the entire game doing nothing but Read Option, Motion WR Option, QB Blast, HB Off Tackle & QB Wraps. It's so easy because the defense actually calls formations based on personnel now instead of down/distance... and you eat up dimes that way. The offset HB helps, I think...

The only time I have trouble with the option reads is when I'm playing a team with an absolute stud DE who crashes (so you keep with QB) but instead of following the HB fake, he nails the QB, or a team with 2 stud DTs that consistently beat the double team off the snap.

Now I do have a good team with a good line that I've built through recruiting, and I do play on an easier difficulty, but from what I've found, it's very realistic.
What sliders are you using? You probably have to raise the sliders above the people who run under center. Just cause you can run doesn't mean its all fine and dandy. The AI is broken and the only option is to jack up sliders.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:29 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerHog471
What sliders are you using? You probably have to raise the sliders above the people who run under center. Just cause you can run doesn't mean its all fine and dandy. The AI is broken and the only option is to jack up sliders.
The only thing different from default is cpu pass rush: I dropped it to 45. I originally dropped tack & rush def as well, but have since put them back up to 50 and am getting quite realistic results.

The main complaints I have is when a WR doesn't block their CB or when the LT slips (lets the DE crash) and doesn't block the LB (the only guy anywhere close to the LT). But neither are frequent occurrences and reflect reality pretty closely... everybody blows assignments.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:37 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashamael
The only thing different from default is cpu pass rush: I dropped it to 45. I originally dropped tack & rush def as well, but have since put them back up to 50 and am getting quite realistic results.

The main complaints I have is when a WR doesn't block their CB or when the LT slips (lets the DE crash) and doesn't block the LB (the only guy anywhere close to the LT). But neither are frequent occurrences and reflect reality pretty closely... everybody blows assignments.
You don't have a problem with it I'm happy for you. Many people are having problems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 10:49 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerHog471
You don't have a problem with it I'm happy for you. Many people are having problems.
I'm not saying it's perfect... but to say that shotgun running is ineffective because the option read doesn't work perfectly is extreme. HB Dives & QB Blasts out of flex/offset formations are deadly, especially if you have a nice audible system worked out to take advantage of how the defense lines up. And I've found that versus those teams with the stud DL that wreaks havoc, a good dose of HB Dive & HB Off-Tackle opens up the option game.

I also have never downloaded the patch. Could this have something to do with it?
Old 07-27-2011, 10:58 PM   #23
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41

Run & Shoot
Old 07-27-2011, 11:13 PM   #24
Pro

44drob's Arena

OVR: 27

Spread Them Cheeks

i love the spread offense its just unique.

but it depends on what time of system your good at thats all

GLORYERACLOTHING.COM
TRU2THA GAME

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »