Home

Can we get a breakdown for how ratings work?

This is a discussion on Can we get a breakdown for how ratings work? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2011, 02:24 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Can we get a breakdown for how ratings work?

Maybe i havent been paying attention, but ratings in this game seem a bit nonsensical, especially once you start getting generated players.

First off, it seems like everyone has abysmal awareness except for QBs (who seem to always get to 99 ovr in awareness possibly due to inflated coach prestige) And awareness doesnt seem to improve nor does it affect some players ovr that much.

Most good linbackers are stronger than most good defensive ends and defensive tackles.

I cant figure out what stats i should be looking for in finding defensive ends for the 3-4 defense. I usually go for the strongest, but they all have the same levels of strength there is hardly any variance.

Same issue for 3-4 linbackers. "Run stopper" linbackers seem to work best as pass rushers...

Why is my fullback my best center? and why when i switch him to such his high block ratings suddenly become mediocre... same thing for most positions. Are speed and strength relative for the positions they are in?

Also with generated players, whats with them not fitting their stats.

The highest rated power back i have seen coming out was 5-10 192 pounds. I have guys come in as ATH at 6-7 210 that work best as defensive ends. With that frame they would be getting stood up all day.

Why are recievers who some in with AGI higher than 85 such a rarity?

Why do so many punters have dreadlocks? I really need EA to have a more tightly constrained player generator cause things arent quite right.

No White Running backs or wide receivers (yes i know there arent as many but in college there are plenty of white receivers) yet most of the fastest QBs are short white guys... in fact i rarely see a qb over 6-2.
A ton of black punters

More than anything i need a better explanation on ratings. What counts towards ovr for what positions. why are the ranges so erratic? Seriously looking for someone who knows to answer this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 02:36 AM   #2
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Can we get a breakdown for how ratings work?

look around the forums. there are roster glitches ahoy.

one glitch is, if u edit a player in anyway, his tendancies are reversed(scrambling qb goes to balanced, etc..)

another glitch in the game is coaches progress too fast in dynasty mode which leads their players to progress too fast, causing an influx of highly rated players (especially qbs)
Old 07-25-2011, 08:21 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Can we get a breakdown for how ratings work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
look around the forums. there are roster glitches ahoy.

one glitch is, if u edit a player in anyway, his tendancies are reversed(scrambling qb goes to balanced, etc..)

another glitch in the game is coaches progress too fast in dynasty mode which leads their players to progress too fast, causing an influx of highly rated players (especially qbs)
i know about the glitches, but that still doesnt explain the weird nature of how the ratings work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »