Home

The Anatomy of a Players Overall Rating

This is a discussion on The Anatomy of a Players Overall Rating within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2011, 03:02 PM   #33
Rookie

nmm666's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Anatomy of a Players Overall Rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Those weights look very similar to last year (probably the same formula used in NCAA 12 I'm guessing). I took one of PocketScout's recruiting files and ran some regression results on them to get overall formulas for each position. Rounding is a slight issue but like the op, you get the exact rating for roughly 97 or 98% of the players. Only off by one point on the others. I'm a math geek and I love this stuff.

https://spreadsheets1.google.com/spr...hl=en_US#gid=0
I've been working away doing the same thing for my offline recruiting sheet. Looks like my regression results are fairly similar to yours. I guess it varies a bit depending on the regression package and the data set being analyzed.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:00 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
It's based on the math from my research while writing my program. Because of rounding issues 99.4% of players (497/500) were within 1 point of their actual ingame rating. So short answer it's my take on it, but a pretty accurate one overall.
That works for me! THANKS! Also are you planning on updating this with Maddens NEW 12 ratings? I don't remember exactly what they are called, but I think there are two, one is for 4th quarter performance and I can not remember off the top of my head what the other one is for.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:09 PM   #35
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerichoGates
That works for me! THANKS! Also are you planning on updating this with Maddens NEW 12 ratings? I don't remember exactly what they are called, but I think there are two, one is for 4th quarter performance and I can not remember off the top of my head what the other one is for.
They are all new to me since I haven't played or owned Madden in over a decade.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 08:17 PM   #36
Pro

nyqua's Arena

OVR: 6

Here's an Excel I made of the recruiting rating translations. It looks pretty nice to me.
Attached Files
File Type: rar NCAA Football 12 Recruiting Ratings.rar (9.8 KB, 55 views)
Old 08-05-2011, 06:14 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Those weights look very similar to last year (probably the same formula used in NCAA 12 I'm guessing). I took one of PocketScout's recruiting files and ran some regression results on them to get overall formulas for each position. Rounding is a slight issue but like the op, you get the exact rating for roughly 97 or 98% of the players. Only off by one point on the others. I'm a math geek and I love this stuff.

https://spreadsheets1.google.com/spr...hl=en_US#gid=0
Can you please inform me on how to use your spreadsheets I took the players rating and multiplied it by the number on the spread sheet and than added them together but got that Matt mcgloin's overall rating was 148 so I don't think I did it right
MLB-Pirates
NBA-Heat
Old 08-05-2011, 06:58 PM   #38
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

OVR: 3

Just wanted to thank you for the post.

edit: a little sad to see that there are less gems to be found via 3* recruiting though

Last edited by waytofailself; 08-05-2011 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:48 PM   #39
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3Rush22
Can you please inform me on how to use your spreadsheets I took the players rating and multiplied it by the number on the spread sheet and than added them together but got that Matt mcgloin's overall rating was 148 so I don't think I did it right
Most players (other than the kickers) don't start at 0. They usually are a big negative and the starting point is indicated by the constant. For QBs the constant/starting point is -58.3. So multiple all the co-efficients by the player attributes in the formula, add them up and then also add the -58.3. See if that comes out correctly.

In the NCAA 11 database I had 95% of the guys were exactly right and the rest only off one point. I don't know if the formula will work the same way for NCAA 12. It could but I haven't checked it yet.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:49 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Most players (other than the kickers) don't start at 0. They usually are a big negative and the starting point is indicated by the constant. For QBs the constant/starting point is -58.3. So multiple all the co-efficients by the player attributes in the formula, add them up and then also add the -58.3. See if that comes out correctly.

In the NCAA 11 database I had 95% of the guys were exactly right and the rest only off one point. I don't know if the formula will work the same way for NCAA 12. It could but I haven't checked it yet.
Thanx a lot man
MLB-Pirates
NBA-Heat

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »