Home

Recruiting Visits

This is a discussion on Recruiting Visits within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2011, 02:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Recruiting Visits

Just a quick question that I can't seem to find the answer to anywhere.

When setting up recruit visits, is there a benefit to the number of activities you schedule?

For example, say I have a recruit. He has pitches in Pro Potential and Championship Contender rated as 'High' and I am A+ in each pitch, so obviously I would schedule those. However, I have no other 'high', 'very high', or 'most' pitches unlocked. There are several 'average' pitches unlocked. Is there a benefit to just scheduling the two 'high' pitches, or should I also schedule the 'average' pitch?

Also, is there any difference between scheduling a visit on a bye week versus a game week?

Thanks.
Yup, broke my PS3 controller 2 weeks ago. Threw it against the leg of my couch. It was the combination of Andrew Luck throwing picks left and right against UCLA, and my friends blowing up my phone to bring pong balls to someone's house... smh

Florida Gators
Chicago Cubs
Manchester United FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 03:15 AM   #2
Y.N.W.A

Rexis's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Recruiting Visits

DO NOT schedule a visit on a bye week. For whatever reason in my dynasty my last 6 conference games were on the road and the only time I had to schedule visit was on a week 9 bye. I had five visits scheduled that week, getting nothing better than a D+ from each recruit eventhough I was rated B+ or higher at each planned activity and the recruits were "high" at the least.

LiverpoolFC Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Hawks Atlanta Braves Kobe Bryant
Old 07-26-2011, 03:18 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 31

Got to try and find those 2 Very High's and the Most. I would think scheduling 3 instead or 2 would be the best route to go. Just my opinion. Do some research on it. Do it with just the 2, then see the result. Then reload your dynasty and see whats different when you schedule all 3. Make sure you win the game both times though.

The question ive always had was is it better to schedule a Very High that you are a B+ in, or schedule a High that you are an A in.

Last edited by buckeye02; 07-26-2011 at 03:21 AM.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:23 AM   #4
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

I have scheduled a visit with only a very high and a most in A categories and still earned an A for the visit with a W over a conference rival. I haven't tried below two pitches. I have also successfully done 2 very high high or most pitches combined with like a C+ average or above average. It didn't appear to impact the visit in any negative way. I agree with the other poster about bye week visits. The only way I schedule on a bye is if I have no other options since a bye week visit is better than no visit at all.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:25 AM   #5
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexis
DO NOT schedule a visit on a bye week. For whatever reason in my dynasty my last 6 conference games were on the road and the only time I had to schedule visit was on a week 9 bye. I had five visits scheduled that week, getting nothing better than a D+ from each recruit eventhough I was rated B+ or higher at each planned activity and the recruits were "high" at the least.
In my dummy dynasty, the recruits weren't ready for a visit until the latter weeks so i had no choice but to schedule their visits on Week 14 (a bye week)..None of them committed after the bye week but they did commit when the off-season recruiting was done
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 09:59 AM   #6
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6

Visits are still a little confusing to me. Playing as Bama, I recieved A- ratings from recruits who visited for a close game (which I won in the last minute) vs a highly ranked Arkansas team. I managed to get A+ ratings from recruits in a blowout win vs unranked Vanderbilt team. Seems like the Ark game should have been more exciting and provided a higher rating than the Vandy game.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:05 AM   #7
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap032
Visits are still a little confusing to me. Playing as Bama, I recieved A- ratings from recruits who visited for a close game (which I won in the last minute) vs a highly ranked Arkansas team. I managed to get A+ ratings from recruits in a blowout win vs unranked Vanderbilt team. Seems like the Ark game should have been more exciting and provided a higher rating than the Vandy game.
I think the score differential plays too large of a roll in the visit score. The win over a quality opponent should outweigh a blow out over Vandy
Old 07-26-2011, 10:32 AM   #8
Rookie

awkwardmoment's Arena

OVR: 3

noob question here but where do you see the results of the visits? I dont know where to look to see what happened

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »