Home

Aggressive "Adjustments" - Only seeing the negative effect?

This is a discussion on Aggressive "Adjustments" - Only seeing the negative effect? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2011, 10:59 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Aggressive "Adjustments" - Only seeing the negative effect?

that may be true for offense, but if the defense switches to aggressive strip the animation plays out nearly every tackle without risk of missed tackles or facemasks. ive had numerous examples of me covering the ball and one guy will come in by himself, strip animation, fumble. then the next drive same thing.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:05 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yes its complete Fu^*^* Bu&(^(.

Aggresive Dline with an online player leads to back to back to back offsides.

Did the same thing last year. If you get caught on offsides you have to change it all the way to conservative to stop the penalties.

I remember last year someone ran the no huddle and had back to back to back offsides calls for 50 yards.

But hey our economy is run by oligopolies and monopolies so what to you expect.

If EA had legitimate competition they would try harder, thats why Fifa is such an awesome game.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:41 AM   #11
Rookie

I OU a Beatn's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActLikeYouCrow
that may be true for offense, but if the defense switches to aggressive strip the animation plays out nearly every tackle without risk of missed tackles or facemasks. ive had numerous examples of me covering the ball and one guy will come in by himself, strip animation, fumble. then the next drive same thing.
Yep. I actually was able to capture some of it on a game today against some random dude online. I set my strip to aggressive(as I do every game) and this ensued(I REALLY hope EA fixes this):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztc__B2V9S8

For those of you who don't feel like counting, that's 11 fumbles in one 10 minute half, 5 of which were lost.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2011, 12:58 AM   #12
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn
Yep. I actually was able to capture some of it on a game today against some random dude online. I set my strip to aggressive(as I do every game) and this ensued(I REALLY hope EA fixes this):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztc__B2V9S8

For those of you who don't feel like counting, that's 11 fumbles in one 10 minute half, 5 of which were lost.
He had to have had his offensive tendencies set to aggressive as well.

That has to be just a freak occurrence. I usually set my defensive strip to aggressive (on my dynasty) and probably force 4 fumbles/game.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 07-29-2011, 01:03 AM   #13
Rookie

I OU a Beatn's Arena

I've had similar situations happen several times. Out of the 40 online games I've played, I've seen 5+ fumbles in at least 10 of them. I know that during the opening week I was playing against someone who had their strip ball set to aggressive while I had my running on default, and I ended up fumbling 4 times in the first half and then another one in the second half for a total of 5. 2 or 3 of those fumbles were after I switched running to conservative.

On average, I force about 3 fumbles a game and considering we're talking only 20 minutes of game play, that's way too high.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:53 AM   #14
Rookie

jwb0581's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn
I've had similar situations happen several times. Out of the 40 online games I've played, I've seen 5+ fumbles in at least 10 of them. I know that during the opening week I was playing against someone who had their strip ball set to aggressive while I had my running on default, and I ended up fumbling 4 times in the first half and then another one in the second half for a total of 5. 2 or 3 of those fumbles were after I switched running to conservative.

On average, I force about 3 fumbles a game and considering we're talking only 20 minutes of game play, that's way too high.
It's completely out of hand. The fumbles are way too common with strip set to aggressive. I haven't tested out conservative big run to see if that limits the problem or not. Hopefully the patch fixes it. (On a side note, how did you pass for 269 yards in one half? 70 points is real impressive even with 5 fumbles lost by your opponent. )
Old 07-29-2011, 02:40 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Lol, this thread is the perfect example of how different people see issues in the game either way. The OP sees no benefit to aggressive settings and the last few posts show no downside to it. It just goes to show no matter which way EA makes things someone will be unhappy. Too funny.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2011, 01:35 PM   #16
Rookie

I OU a Beatn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Lol, this thread is the perfect example of how different people see issues in the game either way. The OP sees no benefit to aggressive settings and the last few posts show no downside to it. It just goes to show no matter which way EA makes things someone will be unhappy. Too funny.
Both views are correct. If you put running to aggressive, there is virtually no benefit. You're not going to break that many more tackles, but you are most certainly going to fumble the ball more. If you put catching to aggressive, there is no benefit. Even though you may possibly get a longer run after the catch, you're going to drop so many balls that it's not worth the few extra yards.

On the flip side, there's no drawback to putting strip ball on aggressive. You're not going to miss more tackles, you're not going to get any facemask calls, but you are going to force a lot more fumbles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »