Home

NCAA Football 12 Kicks Off to Record Start at Retail (Press Release)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Kicks Off to Record Start at Retail (Press Release) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2011, 02:41 PM   #25
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12
This is the best NCAA game on this generation. Is that saying much? Well that is somewhat subjective, just like any game review. Is it disappointing it took 5/6 years to achieve the level we're at now? In some people's eyes, maybe. Am I glad the game is selling well? Definitely. Let's face it, if the game brings in more revenue, perhaps EA will expend more resources on making the game better.

Yes, the game has its share of problems. It is in need of quite a bit of polish as well as an entire engine rebuild, but regardless of those issues, it is heaps of fun to play, and isn't that the point of a game to begin with? Let's hope they can correct these issues in the future and make each successive year of this game the best.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 03:09 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 10
50,000 online dynasties huh? Gee you think any of those gamers would play Madden online franchise if it was fully developed?

Thanks for nothing Madden Development team!
Old 07-27-2011, 03:25 PM   #27
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by labguy
50,000 online dynasties huh? Gee you think any of those gamers would play Madden online franchise if it was fully developed?

Well put.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-27-2011, 05:35 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by labguy

Great point with all of it's problems people are still excited about online dynasty and after a good patch i will be playing it till march of next year
Old 07-27-2011, 05:50 PM   #29
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: NCAA Football 12 Kicks Off to Record Start at Retail (Press Release)

WOW you mean when the developers listen to the hardcore fans and make a quality product it sells?

I was sure over-marketing fluff year after year, while ignoring the actual fundamentals of the sport on and off the field was sure to work.

Really congrats EA, but unfortunately your job isn't done(this year).

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 07-27-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:23 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Cool Re: NCAA Football 12 Kicks Off to Record Start at Retail (Press Release)

The great irony in all of this is that many of the folks here trashing the game will be crowing about how great NCAA 12 is when we are playing NCAA 2023. That's the funny thing about this forum, I was here back in 2003 or 2007 and remember all the anger at EA about NCAA 2002 and NCAA 2006, how many bugs they had and how people were tired of EAs pathetic brand of football, etc. Yet now people here, a lot of those same people, are starting threads talking about how great those games were... and yes those same folks back then were also talking about voting with their wallets, boycotting EA, etc.

It really just goes to show that people on here just exaggerate their opinions to make for drama I think because if the game was truly that bad they would have given up on it and quit joining the NCAA forums years ago. So for all the nonsense in EAs football games, for all the bugs, and there is a bunch of both, I know a lot of folks here would never admit it but..people really do enjoy and play the game each year, even if there anti-EA rants may seem to indicate otherwise

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #31
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 12 Kicks Off to Record Start at Retail (Press Release)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilphl
This is the best NCAA game on this generation. Is that saying much? Well that is somewhat subjective, just like any game review. Is it disappointing it took 5/6 years to achieve the level we're at now? In some people's eyes, maybe. Am I glad the game is selling well? Definitely. Let's face it, if the game brings in more revenue, perhaps EA will expend more resources on making the game better.

Yes, the game has its share of problems. It is in need of quite a bit of polish as well as an entire engine rebuild, but regardless of those issues, it is heaps of fun to play, and isn't that the point of a game to begin with? Let's hope they can correct these issues in the future and make each successive year of this game the best.
This is what I shake my head at. When people freak out it took 5/6 years.

Well what do you expect? Go back and play NCAA 2000....then play NCAA 2006.

Tell me what is the difference? Yeah...it is huge. NCAA 2000 is crap compared to 2006 and beyond on PS2/XBOX. It takes time for the games to fully embrace the technology. It is why I waited to go next gen till 2009. It was this lesson I learned on PS2 that saved me a boat load of $$$$ on playing sports games. I stuck with those 2005 0r 2006 versions for 3 plus years.

NCAA 12 is light years ahead of NCAA 2007 (PS3). I am sure of it. I never played NCAA on next gen till 2011.

The game is great. Despite the bugs (which I am confident will be ironed out via patch) And know that it will never be perfect. But I don't live in the past. As much as I loved NCAA 2006 on PS2....it is not near NCAA 12...not even close!

It goes with other sports games as well.

In this day and age the patch is a huge crutch for game developers. They can test and test and I think we all know they probably knew about the bugs but were on a tight deadline and instead of holding up or all together having to bail on a new feature they put it on a patch list. They already had a patch for the release date!!! I am sure a patch 1.2 is being worked on as we speak and will get here in another 2-3 weeks.

It is a reality that I have now become accustomed to.

Does it really surprise anybody?

Holy smokes I remember the days of no patches. You got the game and you learned to play through it. Some of the greatest sports games of last gen are loaded with bugs....yeah that is right. But we looked past it and played around them, developed sliders and house rules.

At least today we get patches and tuners to mitigate the pain and have as close to a bug free sports game than we ever had before.

Thank god for small miracles.

Ok rant over....back to playing my dynasty!!!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 07:40 PM   #32
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6
^^ OA x 1,000

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »