Home

Which mode can I actually play that doesn't need patching?

This is a discussion on Which mode can I actually play that doesn't need patching? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2011, 07:41 AM   #25
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Which mode can I actually play that doesn't need patching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiflett
But it's not broken, broken would mean I literally can't play the game! I'll concede that it's fairly borked and there are bugs that need fixing (the sooner the better) but i'm still having a load of fun with the game.

I'm sure i'll have even more fun when the Roster issues are sorted and I can recruit players and not have their tendancy change, however it's not stopping me from having some great games in my Dynasty.

So to answer the OP you can happily play Dynasty now as long as you know there are going to be a few issues that will cause things to be a little annoying but it's not as bad as you'd be lead to believe.

Treat it as a test dynasty to try out a team you wouldn't normally, work on/try a slider set, try and improve your recriting methods etc. There's plenty of fun to have if you just forget the few issues that are currently present and play the game you've already shelled out $60 on
Nah, you can still use things that are broken. I had a toy car as a kid that was suppose to make noise when you rolled it but the noise maker broke. I still played with it, but it didn't work like it was suppose to.

As of now, certain aspects of the game are broken. They don't work like they should work. It's still playable and thus can be enjoyable, but you have to ignore or forget the things that don't work to do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2011, 07:53 AM   #26
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
Nah, you can still use things that are broken. I had a toy car as a kid that was suppose to make noise when you rolled it but the noise maker broke. I still played with it, but it didn't work like it was suppose to.

As of now, certain aspects of the game are broken. They don't work like they should work. It's still playable and thus can be enjoyable, but you have to ignore or forget the things that don't work to do it.
You know, that's a good point. There seem to be a lot of guys on this board who have a violent reaction to the work "broken." To them, if the disc is in one piece and spins in the tray, the game isn't broken.

Now granted, that word gets said a lot, but sometimes it's accurate. I know I'm personally not starting a dynasty until I know the major glitches are fixed.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:04 AM   #27
Rookie

shiflett's Arena

OVR: 1

haha fair point, it's semantics really how about I just say it's broken but not destroyed!

My basic point was that you might as well give it a go, you've already bought the game no sence in not at least giving it a shot.

If knowing that tendancy's are broken is going to cause you to not enjoy a dynasty on any level then by all means play something else until the game is patched, it's your game after all

Hopefully we'll have a patch out soon and we can all play the game!
Old 07-28-2011, 08:28 AM   #28
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

I think if you want to play a game mode that has the least amount of bugs at this time I would play RTG. I started as a Defensive Coordinator or Michigan my very first game mode. But I found this roster bug and I also found the bug were if you are a coordinator your TV Exposesure rating will drop every year because it doesn't count your TV wins unless you are the Head Coach. Also I didn't see a way I could become the HC of Michigan without going to another school and hoping the current HC of Michigan started losing so I could take his job. But thats getting off subject...

RTG mode seems to be pretty good. You don't really notice the roster glitch because it uses the default rosters with random names. Maybe by the time you are a JR or SR you might have players on your team and other teams that have the wrong tendancies but since you can't really even look at those I can't confirm that, and not seeing them keeps me from caring as much. :P

So with RTG I have a QB in his JR year and a MLB in his Sophmore year and have been having good fun with them. RTG seems to be the most polished mode out of the box as far as bugs.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:37 AM   #29
Rookie

tackle74's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Honestly, no modes have any crippling glitches. A couple of minor bugs? Sure. But nothing major.
I think that all depends on what you see as crippling. For each of us that point is different. Me for example named rosters are a must and custom playbook is a close 2nd.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:24 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
I think if you want to play a game mode that has the least amount of bugs at this time I would play RTG.
RTG tends to freeze up on me every couple games, usually after I complete the game and am reloading the RTG menu. I then have to restart my xbox and replay the game.

I agree, though, that even with the bugs, RTG is somewhat playable.

It's incredibly arcadey, though. And the worst parts of RTG isn't even the bugs, it's the horrendous design choices the devs made. It's far too easy to become 99 overall (4th game freshman year). 5 minute quarters are too short to have a realistic game or stats. Supersim is still broken, which messes up the CPU controlled sides (punt on 3rd down, miss short FG's, etc.) and creates a very imbalanced time of possession.

Also, playing as anything but QB can be a headache, since the AI tends to hate giving you the ball. MY RTG HB averaged 10 carries a game at Navy. My pocket QB averaged 12 completions for 200 yards playing for Hawaii. This will change once you can audible plays, but it's an annoying development choice when the AI is so awful at calling appropriate plays. It really showcases how bad the AI play calling truly is.

Anyway, my feelings about RTG is that it is as much in need of patching or tuning as any other mode. However, aside from the freezing, the mode is playable. But you must forget any hope of playing out a realistic college experience, and realize the mode is more geared for casual arcade gamers that want to be 99 overall in an hour.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »