Home

Hurry up and No huddle offense

This is a discussion on Hurry up and No huddle offense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7
Hurry up and No huddle offense

They aren't the same thing are they? I didn't think they were. I like what the dev team did by putting in hurry up offenses but most teams don't get to the line of scrimmage and immediately snap the ball.

Actually doesn't the offense get up to the line of scrimmage and then get the play call from the sideline? That seems to make more sense and it would give you time to make audible calls on defense.

As it is now, you have no time to make audible calls! What's the fun in that? Could this be something that's patched or do most sim games not care about this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Hurry up and No huddle offense

It's definitely something that's broken with the game.

EA took "Hurry up No Huddle Offense" to mean "We snap the ball the instant the referee marks it ready for play."

Now, hurry up no huddle offenses DO hurry it up (that's the first half of the name of the offense), and it's DEFINITELY a faster pace than the huddle it up, line up, then snap it offense. But ultimately, EA doesn't have the time management for any CPU offense set correctly... that's why the default quarter length is 5 minutes.

In reality, your standard huddle it up, call the play, break huddle, go line it up, then snap the ball offense? They're snapping the ball with anywhere from 5-15 seconds left on the play clock. The hurry up no huddle offense is snapping the ball with 15-25 seconds left on the clock (from the 40 second clock).

But EA never had the clock management of the standard offense worked out properly. And that never really had be a problem up to recently. But with the advent of all these Hurry Up No Huddle offenses, instead of getting the standard offense working at the right pace, EA just threw the Hurry Up No Huddle in at a faster pace than the already too face standard pace.

These means players are literally sprinting to the line for the next snap, and as soon as they're all ready, barring the occasional audible, the qb snaps it immediately.

In reality? The players are headed to the line at a pace you could probably describe as a meander, while looking to the sidelines for the next playcall. This is the window of opportunity for both sides to quickly make substitutions, then the offense lines up, looks to the sideline for a new offensive playcall, audibles, and snaps.

The only time the pace should be what EA has no huddle offenses running at is in the 2 minute offense where a team is trying to put points on the board quickly at the end of the half or in the 4th quarter.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:56 PM   #3
Rookie

DahLZy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
It's definitely something that's broken with the game.

EA took "Hurry up No Huddle Offense" to mean "We snap the ball the instant the referee marks it ready for play."

Now, hurry up no huddle offenses DO hurry it up (that's the first half of the name of the offense), and it's DEFINITELY a faster pace than the huddle it up, line up, then snap it offense. But ultimately, EA doesn't have the time management for any CPU offense set correctly... that's why the default quarter length is 5 minutes.

In reality, your standard huddle it up, call the play, break huddle, go line it up, then snap the ball offense? They're snapping the ball with anywhere from 5-15 seconds left on the play clock. The hurry up no huddle offense is snapping the ball with 15-25 seconds left on the clock (from the 40 second clock).

But EA never had the clock management of the standard offense worked out properly. And that never really had be a problem up to recently. But with the advent of all these Hurry Up No Huddle offenses, instead of getting the standard offense working at the right pace, EA just threw the Hurry Up No Huddle in at a faster pace than the already too face standard pace.

These means players are literally sprinting to the line for the next snap, and as soon as they're all ready, barring the occasional audible, the qb snaps it immediately.

In reality? The players are headed to the line at a pace you could probably describe as a meander, while looking to the sidelines for the next playcall. This is the window of opportunity for both sides to quickly make substitutions, then the offense lines up, looks to the sideline for a new offensive playcall, audibles, and snaps.

The only time the pace should be what EA has no huddle offenses running at is in the 2 minute offense where a team is trying to put points on the board quickly at the end of the half or in the 4th quarter.
Touché....he explained just about right.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:34 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Yeah they are two different things.
Some teams actually run it on the game.
I played a game where they hurried back to the line then looked over to the sidelines.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #5
Banned

FightinSnydersKSU's Arena

OVR: 5

Does anyone know how to get the players to look towards the sideline before the snap this year? They changed it i guess, cause i haven't been able to do it in any games this year while running a no huddle and yet the CPU can..?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2011, 07:13 PM   #6
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Something I noticed as well. But I think the named roster bug is part of the cause. I saw the look to the sideline when I first played the game without named. Ever since I dl a roster the user no longer looks to the sideline. The only thing you might see is the backs or recievers move closer to the qb to hear on the road.

sent from parts unknown
Old 08-01-2011, 07:18 PM   #7
Banned

FightinSnydersKSU's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm actually using the original rosters right now and it still doesn't work. The WR's just kinda do a weird glitch thing and spaz in place on the line of scrimmage lol
Old 08-01-2011, 07:28 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Something I noticed as well. But I think the named roster bug is part of the cause. I saw the look to the sideline when I first played the game without named. Ever since I dl a roster the user no longer looks to the sideline. The only thing you might see is the backs or recievers move closer to the qb to hear on the road.

sent from parts unknown
I'm using carsons rosters on the 360 and the other offense looks to the sidelines quite frequently when running hurry up offense..so it has nothing to do with the roster bug IMO

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »