Home

Dear EA. It does NOT rain every freakin' week!

This is a discussion on Dear EA. It does NOT rain every freakin' week! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #17
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Dear EA. It does NOT rain every freakin' week!

I'm not sure why they won't just give us control of the weather/stadium location. It just doesn't make sense to me.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:54 PM   #18
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

I have played a rain game in 6 consecutive games in my online dynasty. The only non rain game was AT Florida. I am Clemson and had rain 3 times there, I had rain AT Tennessee, AT Mississippi State and AT Michigan.

I like to believe a hurricane is just sitting and rotating over the southeast during this season of the dynasty. The receivers slipping and falling kills me though and I'd love some sunshine.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:32 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 17

I'm playing as Washington because I wanted to see a lot of rain and snow. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be happening in my dynasty. I've had 1 rainy game and that was during our road trip to San Diego haha.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:50 PM   #20
Rookie

ComebackDylan's Arena

OVR: 1

Yeah my only real complaint with this game/last years game was the weather during dynasty. I understand why we can't choose the weather, but I wish we could. But my main gripe with dynasty weather, and the weather in general is how when it's cloudy, there's this doomy, green tint to everything. They can't seem to nail that late October 11:30 am Big Ten overcast. That and the blue tint in the snow, and how there is always breath showing in the rain. That last one isn't that big of deal, kind of kidding
Old 08-02-2011, 05:50 PM   #21
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

It rains a lot at the start of the season for Michigan and snows at lot toward the end which is normal for Michigan weather. If I want sun though I normally just exit and reload the game and the weather will change.

One thing I found funny though was I was playing in the Big 10 Conference Championship game a Lucas Oil Stadium and all my players had the whole frozen breath thing going and the coaches and fan were dressed in cold weather clothes like it was freezing inside the indoor stadium???? :P
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2011, 05:55 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

I truly don't "get" the green tint. It looks terrible and unrealistic. For such a beautiful game this is a weird misstep by the art department. Couple the green tint with the menu blur and someone at EA has some 'splainin to do. Two inexplicable and annoying art choices.

Anyways, when I get a rain game I just quit and restart the game. No harm, no foul. The weather isn't pre-determined (like in Madden a few years ago, not sure if it's still the same), you get a different result each time you start a game.

edit: Whoops, I see my second point was just made.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:01 PM   #23
Rookie

realultimatepower's Arena

OVR: 4

Not gotten 12 yet as Ive been out of the country and only just got back this past weekend and ordered it today, but this was a problem in at least the last 3-4 years of NCAA games. Ive posted about it before. Ridiculous weather situations.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:20 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
It rains a lot at the start of the season for Michigan and snows at lot toward the end which is normal for Michigan weather. If I want sun though I normally just exit and reload the game and the weather will change.

One thing I found funny though was I was playing in the Big 10 Conference Championship game a Lucas Oil Stadium and all my players had the whole frozen breath thing going and the coaches and fan were dressed in cold weather clothes like it was freezing inside the indoor stadium???? :P
Air conditioning malfunction

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »