Home

Possible Glitch?

This is a discussion on Possible Glitch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Possible Glitch?

So i blocked an extra point and returned it to the house but i got a penalty against me. The opposing team accepted it, so it then gave me the ball 1st and goal at the 1 yard line. I do a FB dive and score a touchdown instead of getting two points.

In college it should just be two points, correct? and then they should be kicking off to me after i get 2 points not 6
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2011, 09:04 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Possible Glitch?

I don't even know how that would work but I know you wouldn't get a TD out of it

Haha you got lucky
MLB-Pirates
NBA-Heat
Old 08-02-2011, 09:15 PM   #3
Rookie

TheRegan's Arena

OVR: 0

Wait, you blocked a kick?

As for the penalty, I think in real life the other team would have been given another chance to kick the extra point, since the penalty was on you, and the ball moved half the distance towards the goalline. Then then the team would kickoff.
NCAA: Auburn/Whoever Bama's playing
NFL: New England Patriots
NBA: Boston Celtics/Whoever The Heat Are Playing
NHL: Boston Bruins
NASCAR: Kyle Busch/Not Jimmie/Not Junior
Old 08-02-2011, 10:40 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRegan
Wait, you blocked a kick?

As for the penalty, I think in real life the other team would have been given another chance to kick the extra point, since the penalty was on you, and the ball moved half the distance towards the goalline. Then then the team would kickoff.
i looked up the rules... in the NFL if you return a extra point back you get awarded 0 points because the play is ruled dead and then you recieve the kickoff. In college if you return a extra point it should count as two points and you recieve the kickoff

But i dont understand what happens if a penalty is called during that return... if any one knows please let me know?
Old 08-03-2011, 12:30 AM   #5
Rookie

HkEmTruBlu31's Arena

OVR: 1

The other team would just kick off to you. The penalty would negate the TD and the play would be over as if the player had been tackled, AKA loss of down. This is a glitch, he never should have been allowed to line up and score.

Last edited by HkEmTruBlu31; 08-03-2011 at 12:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 12:36 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 31

In before the lock.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...es-thread.html
Old 08-03-2011, 12:50 AM   #7
Rookie

HkEmTruBlu31's Arena

OVR: 1

There is also a way to score a one point safety in this situation. If the defense blocks the kick and recovers it and fumbles the ball outside the endzone and then recovers it again in the endzone and then is tackled in the endzone it becomes a one point safety for the kicking team and THEY get the ball back. Id love to see that happen just once. All of this is only in the NCAA, high school and NFL consider extra point attempts a scrimmage kick (punt) where the ball is nor live unless the defense touches it. <---- Leon Lett vs the Dolphins.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:48 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HkEmTruBlu31
The other team would just kick off to you. The penalty would negate the TD and the play would be over as if the player had been tackled, AKA loss of down. This is a glitch, he never should have been allowed to line up and score.
ok i thought so, i was just making sure. It was confusing to me.

mods can close this if needed.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »