Home

Pass Interference

This is a discussion on Pass Interference within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2011, 12:21 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Pass Interference

i have seen PI called on myself and my opponent CPU and humans, offensive and defensive PI
Old 08-03-2011, 12:35 PM   #18
Rookie

cOWASs68's Arena

OVR: 3

I have also seen Def PI called ONCE so far...and it was on a drag route the CPU was running-- the QB chucked it way too high and way behind the WR on the drag, and as the ball passed him, he turned upfield toward the UNCATCHABLE ball that was already 5 yds past him by that point and bumped into my MLB who was in zone coverage there, FLAG...PI on the MLB. And of course it was on 3rd down of a key drive, love it.

I would love to see PI called more, and also either unnecessary roughness or at least LATE HIT penalties out of bounds. Because I LOVE those hits, but some are just blatant out of bounds-- but we should be able to take the risk to LIGHT UP Denard as he's scrambling and running out of bounds...again. Sometimes the 15 yd flag is so worth it.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:38 PM   #19
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Probably played around over 100 games and I have seen it once, and it was a bad call at that. I went for an int and I happened to nudge the WR off his line and got called, when I as a defensive player have a right to the ball in the air as well.

PI is horribly implemented in EA football games, and that is because their WR/DB interaction is equally horrible, the physics engine they are developing in FIFA needs to find it's way into NCAA/Madden and quickly.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 08-03-2011, 12:43 PM   #20
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Has PI ever worked at a realistic level in an EA Football game? Any gen?

I really don't think it has, but I've skipped Madden this entire gen and didn't really play NCAA much this gen until last year. So I haven't played them all.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:44 PM   #21
Rookie

attheskylines's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
PI is horribly implemented in EA football games, and that is because their WR/DB interaction is equally horrible, the physics engine they are developing in FIFA needs to find it's way into NCAA/Madden and quickly.
So say we all! You're right on that mark with those comments.

I've seen one PI call and it was because the CPU CB got tangled up with one his teammates and bumped into my WR while going down. It was ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 01:09 PM   #22
Banned

Redskins_Hokies's Arena

Can we get that other company to implement their penalties and their frequency and interaction with the current EA games....oh and that other company challenge system

Also how about for madden have that other feature in that other company game where on a break away if you stop pressing buttons anywhere inside the 10 your player will do random celebrations into the endzone.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:17 PM   #23
Beat the Heat!

chi_hawks's Arena

OVR: 14

I had a PI call once....back in NCAA 06' on ps2.

I do remember NFL2k5 having more PI calls than madden or ncaa. With that said, it really doesn't bother me that much. Id love to see a few more, but the pace of play does stay moving faster w/o the penalties, so I'll be fine for another year.

http://www.operationsports.com/chi_hawks/blog/
Old 08-03-2011, 01:22 PM   #24

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
Has PI ever worked at a realistic level in an EA Football game? Any gen?

I really don't think it has, but I've skipped Madden this entire gen and didn't really play NCAA much this gen until last year. So I haven't played them all.
PI calls was always rarely ever called even in the SNES/Genesis days. But Rob pretty much hit the nail on the head, the WR/DB interaction is the main reasons why PI is non existant. The WR/DB interaction is getting better though so maybe in a year or two we might see PI called in the right occasions.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »