Home

Guess we're stuck with broken Uniform Degradation

This is a discussion on Guess we're stuck with broken Uniform Degradation within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2011, 12:56 PM   #9
Rookie

Az2k12's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Guess we're stuck with broken Uniform Degradation

Hopefully we can expect it in the next patch.. I'd rather them fix the crucial things that need fixing. I can wait on minor uniform degradation but I still do want them to fix it.

Coach Wile CH2K8

ASU // Phoenix Suns
Old 08-03-2011, 01:00 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3
Wonder whether this (like 'super LBs') are stuff that can be tuned in a tuner update, rather than a full on patch.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:34 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
The issue is time. They're fixing a lot, but they simply cannot fix everything and expect to get us the patch in a reasonable time. Time is a limited resource.
QFE.

While I'd like EA to get some of these little things right, fact of the matter is, it's a little thing. Unfortunately, the game shipped in Beta phase. They're still trying to finish the game apparently, and personally, I'm overjoyed that they're prioritizing actual gameplay issues over minor graphical issues.

It's hard for me to start a dynasty and take it very seriously when there are such major issues that need patching.

And yea, you opened a thread to say you're a little upset about uniform degradation not being fixed.

But EA DOES have limited resources. For them to fix the uniform degredation issue (IF it's patchable), they'd have to put people on that issue rather than something else.

Could you imagine if the patch notes included fixing uniform degredation but didn't include fixing the Freezes/Crashes? Or all the bugs with the tendency of the players? Or the massive custom playbook bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjburrage
Wonder whether this (like 'super LBs') are stuff that can be tuned in a tuner update, rather than a full on patch.
There's no such thing as 'super LBs'
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 02:38 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMurda
just looked over the patch notes...def looks like theyre gonna fix ALOT thats wrong with this game and that has me hyped. so many bugs in this version....but one thing im a lil upset about is the uniform degradation (all white unis or white jerseys/pants) not getting fixed. anyone who plays the game can immediately notice this problem. the home team will be covered in dirt but the away team will be almost sparkly clean.

i have had 2 games where the whites did get very dirty tho, and was suprised. i dunno if its a stadium specific prob that has to do with lighting or what, but it just sucks it wasnt even acknowledged as a prob and will get no fix. esp since it was nothing wrong with it last year after they finally got it working in the patch...how do u break what wasnt broken is beyond me.

and just for the guys who will immediately try to jump on me cuz its not a "gamekiller" or gameplay related issue...im not claiming this to be "OMG im trading this in territory". just stating that i really wished this was fixed cuz its an immersion thing for me and sticks out like a sore thumb when colors are dirty but whites are gleaming clean. no more no less....discuss.
No but they are fixing other things that will make the game alot more playable such as defenders reacting to scrambling QBs properly and speeding up the QBs acceleration on options.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:43 PM   #13
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagooch5150
No but they are fixing other things that will make the game alot more playable such as defenders reacting to scrambling QBs properly and speeding up the QBs acceleration on options.
This got me to thinking (smoke emerges from dome) will defenders reacting to scrambling QBs be overdone and render QB scrambles feeble attempts? I hope not.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:58 PM   #14
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by northface28
This got me to thinking (smoke emerges from dome) will defenders reacting to scrambling QBs be overdone and render QB scrambles feeble attempts? I hope not.
I had the same thought. Based on past experiences with NCAA patches, I'm going to say this won't be a good thing for scrambling QBs.

Last edited by crques; 08-05-2011 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:14 AM   #15
Rookie

sub9er's Arena

OVR: 4

it's not just white but gold & orange any late colored uniforms don't degrade as good as dark ones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 12:24 AM   #16
Banned

FightinSnydersKSU's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMurda
just looked over the patch notes...def looks like theyre gonna fix ALOT thats wrong with this game and that has me hyped. so many bugs in this version....but one thing im a lil upset about is the uniform degradation (all white unis or white jerseys/pants) not getting fixed. anyone who plays the game can immediately notice this problem. the home team will be covered in dirt but the away team will be almost sparkly clean.

i have had 2 games where the whites did get very dirty tho, and was suprised. i dunno if its a stadium specific prob that has to do with lighting or what, but it just sucks it wasnt even acknowledged as a prob and will get no fix. esp since it was nothing wrong with it last year after they finally got it working in the patch...how do u break what wasnt broken is beyond me.

and just for the guys who will immediately try to jump on me cuz its not a "gamekiller" or gameplay related issue...im not claiming this to be "OMG im trading this in territory". just stating that i really wished this was fixed cuz its an immersion thing for me and sticks out like a sore thumb when colors are dirty but whites are gleaming clean. no more no less....discuss.
You do realize that uniforms don't get dirty on Field turf right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »