Home

Recruiting

This is a discussion on Recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2011, 02:59 PM   #25
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Recruiting

I am with San Jose in Heach Coach Dynasty. I started at UVA as the OC and took the San Jose job after my 3rd year and I have trouble landing anything more than a 2 star rating. I can live with it since my conference sucks and I have a 1 in team prestige. This year I signed 15 2 stars and I have RB that hit 68.. The majority are low 60/s and a couple duds.

What I have noticed is the ATH athlete is shady. I had three recruits and figured to shuffle hopefully in the DB, WR, roles. ok.. One is a backup Corner because he couldn't get a rating high than 54 in any athletic position. The second was 51 overall and I cut him. The third is 6'1 195 and he's the backup Def End! rated at 62.

I never had much success wiith the ATH position, even when recruiting at Virginia. Anyone else notice or has this problem?

Last edited by Bobolini; 08-05-2011 at 03:00 PM. Reason: mispelled
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2011, 08:04 PM   #26
Rookie

Az2k12's Arena

^Athletes are always kind of iffy but I did manage to get a 3* ATH rated 70 playing LB..was pretty happy about that.. I have a question that is kind of unrelated but I didn't want to start a whole new topic just to get it answered. When I have a player that is a soft commit and a school is right below me with -1 in say week 7/8, should I still continue to call that prospect or can I lay off of him? I've always played it safe and at least checked in on my soft commits that have a close 2nd/3rd but I could really use those minutes elsewhere.

Coach Wile CH2K8

ASU // Phoenix Suns
Old 08-05-2011, 08:19 PM   #27
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

Two years ago people were complaining about FB's, O-line and D-line at 5*'s..
Old 08-05-2011, 08:30 PM   #28
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Why yous picking recruits based on stars?

No one considers measureables?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:32 PM   #29
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az2k12
^Athletes are always kind of iffy but I did manage to get a 3* ATH rated 70 playing LB..was pretty happy about that.. I have a question that is kind of unrelated but I didn't want to start a whole new topic just to get it answered. When I have a player that is a soft commit and a school is right below me with -1 in say week 7/8, should I still continue to call that prospect or can I lay off of him? I've always played it safe and at least checked in on my soft commits that have a close 2nd/3rd but I could really use those minutes elsewhere.
Continue calling him for a hour a week...Make sure to use recruiting pitches that weakens your opponent and benefit u
Old 08-05-2011, 09:29 PM   #30
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az2k12
I generally give them at least 20 min. Just so the other team doesn't pry him away. At least 10 min just to keep interest level high.I have no idea if ignoring him hurts. I do my piece of mind and let him know he's not forgotten.

Also, I am recruiting a 4 star TE from Alaska who wouldn't even consider low life SJ st. I have been maxing out time to get him interested, I have moved up to #5 and he has shown interest in visiting. I haven't had more than a 2 star accept (15 first year and so far 3 this year). It would be cool if I could land him and show that dilligent recruiting does work. I tried earlier with Virginia when I was OC and I finally gave up after like 5 weeks. I'll let you know if this strategy can work for the the small teams.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:43 PM   #31
Rookie

Ike Slider2's Arena

I just recruited an entire OLine of 3* the C came in as a 72 the Gs at 71 and tackles at 70, I also brought in 3 4* WRs all 73s. I also found a 5* HB or WR = 78 while ATH=79 and any others around 82 also got a 3* kicker who came in a a 78. And if you want to know how to get the line better by changing positions I recommend looking at this thread.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ll-rating.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 03:58 PM   #32
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
Two years ago people were complaining about FB's, O-line and D-line at 5*'s..
OL and DL SHOULD make up more 5*s. If you look at the last 10 years or so, this is the majority of higher ranked recruits.
WHy? Because they are vital positions. THe game is won or lost on the trenches. The SEC dominates because they have the best lines, offensive and defensive, top to bottom.
You can have a great QB running back or WR, but if you have no one to make room/ time for them to make plays then what is the point.
Same on defense. If you have a great line that is constantly wreaking havoc and disrupting plays then it is much easier on the back 7.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »