Home

Moving SMU and Houston to the Big 12

This is a discussion on Moving SMU and Houston to the Big 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2011, 07:08 AM   #1
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8
Moving SMU and Houston to the Big 12

Ive decided to start a SMU dynasty and once I turn them into a 4 star school I'm planning on moving them and Houston to the Big 12. If I want to be one of the big boys I've got to get out of the joke of a conference that is C-USA. Since there are no longer conference invites would this be considered cheese?

Sure, ill get beat up by the likes Oklahoma and Texas but in the long term it'll help me to bring back SMU to national powerhouse status -without paying players.

Oh, and having a 10 team conference called the Big 12 kinda gets on my nerves but I'm OCD like that.

Last edited by speedkills; 08-05-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2011, 07:26 AM   #2
Rookie

Ike Slider2's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Moving SMU and Houston to the Big 12

Not neccesarrily cheese, but more along the lines of fantasy. For it to be realistic you would want to play one year do well 10-2 or better and schedule most of your non-conference games against the big 12 teams. That would likely be more realistic.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:29 AM   #3
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
Ive decided to start a SMU dynasty and once I turn them to a 4 star school I'm planning on moving them and Houston to the Big 12. If I want to be one of the big boys Ive got to get out of the joke of a conference that is C-USA. Since there are no longer conference invites would this be considered cheese?

Sure, ill get beat up by the likes Oklahoma and Texas but in the long term itll help me to bring back SMU to national powerhouse staus -without paying players.
I did the exact same thing but right now I am OC at Idaho. Am hoping to become HC at my alma mater... SMU... and wanted them in a big conference. Not cheese at all. It's a combo of the old SWC and Big 8 conferences... sort of...

Old 08-05-2011, 09:41 AM   #4
Rookie

uf12gators's Arena

OVR: 4

I was about to start an SMU offline dynasty this weekend, to bring them back to a powerhouse. This is the first I'm hearing about there no longer being conference invites. Is this true? so if i start a dynasty with SMU theres no way I could ever get them out of C-USA?
Old 08-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

You think ten teams in the Big XII is a problem? What about twelve teams in the Big 10? (or as I used to call them, the Little 11)

The biggest problem I have with adding two Texas schools to the Big XII is how will you setup the divisions? Putting Texas and OU in different divisions doesn't make sense. Likewise, having Tech or A&M in a different division than Texas doesn't make sense. It also wouldn't make sense for OSU to be in a separate division from OU. Baylor is really the odd team out, but they geographically belong in the same division.

Then again, it is your dynasty. You run it how see fit. It's just those things bother me, probably as much as a conference with "XII" in its title having ten teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2011, 09:57 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by uf12gators
I was about to start an SMU offline dynasty this weekend, to bring them back to a powerhouse. This is the first I'm hearing about there no longer being conference invites. Is this true? so if i start a dynasty with SMU theres no way I could ever get them out of C-USA?
Custom conferences...

And the Big Televetwelve is the proper term for the MAC+.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:02 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by uf12gators
There is a Custom Conference option at the end of each season. The computer no longer decides what school gets invited to what conference, you decide for all teams in the game. You can change things up with whoever you want, however you want (within the limits of the custom conference options).
Old 08-05-2011, 10:06 AM   #8
Rookie

uf12gators's Arena

ok thanks good to know. I wasn't about to start an SMU dynasty, have them as a powerhouse in 5 years, and not be able to get out of conference USA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »