Home

Anybody else burned out?

This is a discussion on Anybody else burned out? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2011, 11:06 AM   #17
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstubb
I get burned out trying to find online players who don't choose Oregon, Alabama, or Oklahoma as their team. It gets old. Doesn't anyone want to challenge themselves a bit? There are 120 schools to choose from, for crying out loud.

Other than that, I love the game. I only wish they'd correct some silly bugs.
I play as LSU, FSU or OSU. Not a fan of the other 3 teams.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2011, 11:11 AM   #18
Beat the Heat!

chi_hawks's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Anybody else burned out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
If this is true you clearly are just working game exploits, it is impossible to play ANYTHING close to a sim game and get reasonable results above Freshman because of the super DB issue. Above Frosh, they're GLUED to your receivers REGARDLESS of ratings. The passing game on Varsity is truly what you might expect on Heisman in years past, the level where EA has ALWAYS boosted CPU player performance far beyond their ratings, ie. digital steroids. Outside of ego, never understood anyone playing on Heisman, the ratings should be a major part of gameplay.

I completely agree. In earlier years, I didn't like to mess with sliders as I wanted the "challenge" of beating the game on Heisman. Over the years though, the game has really forced my hand into playing 5 wide and hot routing every singe play. When my Oline (one of the best in the nation) gets tossed around like rag dolls by Indiana and Iowa State's D line, every single play, something is wrong.

I play as Iowa in my dynasties. Iowa runs a lot of power I and single set backs....I cannot run this against Heisman. They blitz when I run, they play psychic D when I throw. The only thing I can do is drag routes with speedy WR's on linebackers. Yeah, this requires some football knowledge, but its not realistic IMO.

So to everyone out there, yah, if you learn to manipulate the game, you can win on Heisman. But, coming from a guy with much experience in that category, it gets old.

I have found that all-american gives me a pretty decent game, but I have added some house rules to make things legit:

-no 4 verts
-no 5 wide
-try at least a 4-5 new plays per game.

http://www.operationsports.com/chi_hawks/blog/
Old 08-08-2011, 11:25 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstubb
I get burned out trying to find online players who don't choose Oregon, Alabama, or Oklahoma as their team. It gets old. Doesn't anyone want to challenge themselves a bit? There are 120 schools to choose from, for crying out loud.

Other than that, I love the game. I only wish they'd correct some silly bugs.
I hear that. I play with the U of A Wildcats so it gets old having to go up against Alabama over and over again. I've gotten to the point where I'm just sticking to my OD and that's it. I don't mind losing and I love a good, close game but dealing with dips**ts that just want to win at any cost is annoying.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:29 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 1

Well said Magic. I'm a football junkie and played Ncaa since Bill Walsh series... wonder why I kick people's arse most of the time? Put me on FIFA and I struggle to compete without hours of practice.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:30 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Yea, I've had to take a break. Playing game after game to test sliders gets old after a bit. I could do some more dynasty sims to test my setups, but it takes a lot of time setting up each one a year at a time to get a balanced test. Hopefully the second patch is out soon and things will get better from there, but it's hard to play when every couple of games is a real downer. Just cancels out the positives you get when you thought you hit a good spot with sliders. Not being able to play with real names kind of kills it as well, but no big deal just yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 11:31 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 8

I feel this is one of the few games that plays realistically
On heisman. I am 7-3 in my air force dynasty
With my running back having over 1000 yards.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:53 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
I think it comes down to how good you are at video games and knowing football.

You could be a football genius, but if you don't really play video games, then you just arent used to the hand eye coordination required..

And if you are great at video games, you could just not have the know how of how football strategy really works.

So the casual gamer could struggle because they don't worship and follow football and the football fanatic only bought a game console to play these games wont be that great.
Good point. I could invite Nick Saban over and wipe the floor with him in a head to head matchup. You have to know how this game works, regardless of football knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
If this is true you clearly are just
working game exploits, it is impossible to play ANYTHING close to a sim game and get reasonable results above Freshman because of the super DB issue.
Above Frosh, they're GLUED to your receivers REGARDLESS of ratings. The
passing game on Varsity is truly what you might expect on Heisman in years
past, the level where EA has ALWAYS boosted CPU player performance far
beyond their ratings, ie. digital steroids. Outside of ego, never understood
anyone playing on Heisman, the ratings should be a major part of gameplay.
I don't work game exploits. I read the defense and run the proper play. To me the most frustrating part on Heisman is working to setup a big play then breaking the huddle only to see the AI has called the perfect defensive play. Also when Kent State and North Texas' defenses start playing lights out D against my far superior teams.

I try not to mess with sliders because, if you haven't noticed, it's a never ending process. I'm running someone's sliders only to get back on the site and see they've completely overhauled them.

I love the comment someone made a few posts back about how there should be no difficulty settings just player ratings. That would be genius. Maybe that's what default varsity is, players playing to ratings with no cheesy boosts. I'm just afraid if I go undefeated on Heisman then I'll never lose on Varsity.

I want to lose legitimately. I went into OT at Happy Valley and I'm fine with that because ratings wise they have a great team. I'm just sick of C- and under teams locking down my offense when everyone becomes Reggie White, Lawrence Taylor, and Deon Sanders.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:58 AM   #24
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I am almost done with my second season in my Hurricane dynasty. I am using MK Harsh Varsity Slider set (playing on slow speed). I am having a total blast playing the game.

Is it perfect? No but it is giving me plenty of enjoyment. I am taking a break though to wait for the patch as I do not want to progress another year until it drops so I will have no issues with any more incoming freshman and their tendencies being flip flopped.

The game is IMO the best in the series. Yes it has some warts (audio not the best, DB AI quirky) but overall as a console football title I am very pleased. I have had plenty of amazing nail biting wins and losses.

I am playing The Show 11 as I wait. And also Madden will be here before you know it and I will be devouring that game along with NCAA 12 and The Show 11 till the NBA decides to play again...then I will want to get back into 2K11!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »