Home

NCAA Football 11 vs 12

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 vs 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2011, 10:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
NCAA Football 11 vs 12

I have not had a chance to play NCAA Football 12 yet as I am still consumed with MLB: The Show. When football season starts I will be ready to play. Is NCAA Football 12 worth the 60 bucks or is it just a roster update? The reviews seemed mix from what I have read. Advice for me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 11:08 PM   #2
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Wait til the patch come out and then gauge.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 08-09-2011, 11:11 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: NCAA Football 11 vs 12

I like 12 more than 11 because of coaching carousel, you can actually return kicks, and you can run the pistol. Something I just couldn't do at all last year. I'm in year 10 of my offline dynasty and I sim less than a game a year. All in all, I'm enjoying it.
Is it worth the $60? Hmmm
I would take advantage of the Sports Illustrated offer, if nothing else at least you'll get a years worth of reading material.
My net is way too slow to even think about doing an online dynasty so I can't comment in that area. =-(
Old 08-09-2011, 11:24 PM   #4
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

the demo is still on PSN
Old 08-10-2011, 06:28 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thielcats
I have not had a chance to play NCAA Football 12 yet as I am still consumed with MLB: The Show. When football season starts I will be ready to play. Is NCAA Football 12 worth the 60 bucks or is it just a roster update? The reviews seemed mix from what I have read. Advice for me?

NO , NO and NO !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 08:28 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Yeah. It is worth it.
There are some problems with the game but not bad enough to not get it.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:02 AM   #7
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thielcats
I've been playing it sporadically and I've really enjoyed it. I'm currently doing a dynasty w/ a Teambuilder team and using SECElite's AA sliders. There are some issues with the game and it can get frustrating at times but it makes the wins that much better.

My advice is to look at other avenues before you buy it for full price. Try ebay. I got my copy, sealed w/ online pass, for about $40 bucks.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:10 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Pro's and Con's of 11 vs 12:

Pros:
  • Zone defense is much improved over 11. It's so much improved that it's driving many players insane. Super LBs leap out of the air to swat passes 4 yds off the ground to an open reciever 8 yds behind them regularily. This makes passing to In and Out routes behind the LBs very frustrating. Also maddening is the psycho mind reading forces of DBs in man coverage. It's alot to get used to, but there are many posts on OS that cover this.
  • You can return kicks and punts now for more than 1 yd.
  • PA occasionally works.
  • Custom Playbook feature is very nice.
  • Acceleration is more life-like. On an option or a scrambling QB and other backs do not just rocket out of thier stance at full speed. This goes for Demps too. No longer is he an elusive-untackle-able glitchy freak.
  • Pause freeze glitch for online play has been fixed ( I believe ).
Cons:
  • THIS IS THE BIGGEST AND MOST AWFUL CHANGE IN THE GAME. I MAY STOP PLAYING THIS YEAR FOR THIS REASON: O-line and run blocking assigments. The blocking assignments are without a doubt the most atrocious and moronic change in 2012. Sweeps and Options are un-useable. The O-line will let a D lineman (and more frequently a LB) right into the back field without even being touched. Pulling gaurds or lead fullbacks on counters or power runs will stop right in front of your runner, pivot away from the LB or lineman, or DB barrelling down on you and turn 90 degrees the other direction to block a lineman or weakside LB who's made it through the line even though its 2 seconds after the snap and you're nowhere near your starting position. Lead blockers on well executed plays will do the same thing down field as a FS or SS comes up to you, the lead blocker will pivot to pick up a LB that's come off his block even though you've blasted pasted him 10 yds ago. It's just insane and make the game so, so, so frustrating. In 11 I used Wisconsin and John Clay and just dominated everyone I came across because no one knew how to stop my run offense in this heavily pass oriented game. This year, running just past linemen is a challenge. Whichever form you like to run, be prepared to go nuts when reviewing instant replays when you try to diagnose why your RB has a broken neck behind 8 blockers and the LE on the defense just strolled into your handoff and killed you.
  • Locomotion is gone and been replaced by "impact based tackling". This is mostly a negative because now your ball carrier (pass or run) gets knocked around the field like a ping pong ball. Want to stop that TD run? Better not tackle from behind, because if you do you'll turbo boost blast the carrier's whole body 6 yds (this is no joke) beyond the already high momentum of a running body forward and will garuantee extra yards for the TD.
  • Pass defense. This is a positive and a negative - as discussed above.
  • Did I mention the O-line and blocking assignemts? It's awful.
  • Options. Forget about running these in 2012 with the blocking assignments discussed above.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »