Home

Why I hate Heisman, and the amount of penalties/injuries on this game

This is a discussion on Why I hate Heisman, and the amount of penalties/injuries on this game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2011, 08:28 AM   #1

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11
Why I hate Heisman, and the amount of penalties/injuries on this game

In an online dynasty, on my first two drives, and how they broke down.

Drive 1
1st and 10
- 4 yard rush by Duane Bennett(Glickstein decided blocking was for sissies, and just let the DT through, like literally, didn't even try to block him)
2nd and 14
6 yard rush by Duane Bennett, negated by Glickstein holding
2nd and 24
12 yard pass from MarQueis Gray to Duane Bennett, negated by Tommy Olson holding when I rolled Gray out of the pocket, Duane Bennett also injured on the play
2nd and 34
4 yard pass(screen) from Gray to Duane Bennett, Duane Bennett injured
3rd and 30
Sacked, I had about a good 2 seconds in the pocket, before I was chased out and run down by a DT
4th and 30
Punt

Drive 2
1st and 10
-5 yard rush by Lamonte Edwards, Lamonte Edwards injured on the play
2nd and 15
-3 yard rush by Donnell Kirkwood, Kirkwood injured on the play
3rd and 18
22 yard pass from MarQueis Gray to DaJon McKnight, negated by a hold by the now infamous Glickstein
3rd and 28
Incomplete Pass intended for Eric Lair, MarQueis Gray injured on the play(hit as he threw)
4th and 28
Punt

You can't tell me that's supposed to be fun at all. And it's not like I was playing Ohio State, I was playing freaking Illinois. All-American is a tad too easy for me, and I hate messing with sliders because I can never seem to find a good balance. I'm normally not one to complain, but to have my 3 top HBs injured and starting QB injured all in the opening three minutes of the game seems a tad ridiculous. I really want to love this game, I really do, I just can't, I can't wait for that patch, I just wish they'd work on trying to find the ways to make the game legit hard, as opposed to BS hard. That's really all I'm asking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 09:51 AM   #2
Rookie

Bucknut17's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Why I hate Heisman, and the amount of penalties/injuries on this game

what are your penalty sliders at, we have everything at 99 except roughing the passer, holding and clipping which are 51 and we havent had any issues with penalties, and as far as injuries im not seeing it i havent had any miss more than 2 qtrs and were at week 11, my qb had been "will return soon" or a qtr 2 or 3 times and my rb pulled a hamstring and missed most of the second half but thats been about it...sucks you arent enjoying it, its buggy but im still having fun
Old 08-11-2011, 10:20 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

I have never seen that many penalties (clipping, holding, offsides, and false start are the only ones really called any way) and I don't have the problems with backs and QB's getting injured every game. No idea what causes it for some.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Glad to say I've played nearly 30 games and have yet to see anything close to this. You must have had that once in a life time moment in that game.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:27 AM   #5
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Sounds like you need to cut Glickstein...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 10:30 AM   #6
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

It really seems like when the CPU doesn't want you to have a big play and you get one, they'll always negate it with a holding or clipping penalty. I'm usually never the one to say "Comeback AI" or the "CPU Cheats" but this is so blatantly obvious.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:00 PM   #7

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
Sounds like you need to cut Glickstein...
Trust me bro, if there were mid-season cuts, his *** would be grass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknut17
what are your penalty sliders at, we have everything at 99 except roughing the passer, holding and clipping which are 51 and we havent had any issues with penalties, and as far as injuries im not seeing it i havent had any miss more than 2 qtrs and were at week 11, my qb had been "will return soon" or a qtr 2 or 3 times and my rb pulled a hamstring and missed most of the second half but thats been about it...sucks you arent enjoying it, its buggy but im still having fun
I have not touched any slider settings, presumably this would mean they are all at 50.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtneer08
Glad to say I've played nearly 30 games and have yet to see anything close to this. You must have had that once in a life time moment in that game.
That's kinda what I'm hoping, but this one game sucked so much fun out of the game it was ridiculous. It was also in Online Dynasty so I couldn't even re-start, I just super simmed to the end because I couldn't handle it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
It really seems like when the CPU doesn't want you to have a big play and you get one, they'll always negate it with a holding or clipping penalty. I'm usually never the one to say "Comeback AI" or the "CPU Cheats" but this is so blatantly obvious.
I'm never one to say CPU Cheats or Comeback AI, I agree with those who say that players get to complacent and that leads to CPU comebacks as opposed to it actually being coded in. The thing is though, this happened with me down 14-0(lolMinnesota's defense)
Old 08-12-2011, 12:43 AM   #8
Pro

tHurley2010's Arena

OVR: 9

Strange, I've never had a player injured for more than a couple of quarters, and I'm in Week 9. I have penalties set at 100 for everything besides holding, false start, clipping, and RtP which are set at 53 (50 it didn't happen at all, 55 it happened too much) and teams are averaging roughly 3-7 penalties per game.

As for the Comeback AI, I'm never one to say that, although it seems utterly convenient at times. But playing against Minnesota with Nebraska I had two opportunities in the red zone to put the game out of reach and I threw two INTs with Martinez. Frustrated me like no other. But I regrouped, my defense was shutting them down in the 2nd half, I found plays that worked, came back and won. So if the CPU really wanted me to lose, I wouldn't have scored 14 in the 4th Quarter, especially not a TD with :12 remaining.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »