Home

best spread QB run playbook?

This is a discussion on best spread QB run playbook? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2011, 12:06 AM   #17
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: best spread QB run playbook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Wow! I guess great minds think alike as my CPB is very similar to this (at least with the formations). Of your formations, I have the following in my CPB (mine is based on MSU's so I have the wishbone GL package:
Shotgun Split Y Flex
Shotgun Y Trips HB Wk
Shotgun Split
Shotgun Trio HB Wk
Shotgun Split Offset
Shotgun Spread Flex
Shotgun Split Close
Shotgun Gator Heavy
Shotgun 4WR Trio
Shotgun 4WR Trio Str
Shotgun Wing Offset
Shotgun Wing Trips Wk
Shotgun Empty Trey
Shotgun Wing Offset Wk
Shotgun Normal Flex Wing
Shotgun Slot F Wing
Pistol Full House
Pistol Train
Pistol H Twins

I'm @ work so I don't know all of my other formations, but I also have:
Pistol Slot (nice jet sweep, WR motion option, and double screen as well as other goodies)
Shotgun empty quads (great passing formation with the quads look and has a HB in the slot who can automotion into the backfield for a nice read option)
Shotgun 5 WR something or other (I chose this one of the many 5 wides because it has 3 bunch plays hidden in it)
Wildcat (after the patch when I can create a pb from ND that isn't bugged then, as long as their formation audibles don't suck like Nebraska's, I'll use ND as a base to get their awesome wildcat)
wildcat spread

I have 4 pistols and I think 22 SGs so I'm missing a couple SGs.
Yeah, I want to use Notre Dame or UAB as a base as well, but the two times I tried the book was glitched out. Once the patch drops, I'll switch to one of those two.

I love the book, it is my go to for just about everything from gun passing to a spread rushing offense. Half Oklahoma State and half Oregon. I am going to start creating a Nebraska I offense soon, so I'll swap between the two. Either way, love some option football.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:05 AM   #18
Rookie

Mrfrosty's Arena

OVR: 1

Clemsons playbook has some good QB Runs/option keepers if you want to try their playbook out. Started using it today, and it works wonders if he QB has over 80spd.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:46 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 3

I dont have '12 yet, but you might check out Pitt's PB. New HC from Tulsa (always loved their PB) and new OC from Michigan. So it should come out as a Malzahn/Rich-Rod blend.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:56 PM   #20
Rookie

Shankssta's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
My custom book is basically these two put together. Neither one had all the plays/formations I wanted, but combined they are pretty much the perfect spread rushing look.

Once my team got a little better in the pass, I balanced it out with more passing formations.

My custom spread playbook is this (in order of how they show in the book, which is random):

• Shotgun 5WR HB (for the Motion Option and Motion Read with the HB moving from slot to the backfield with automotion)
  • Shotgun Bunch (great passing formation)
  • Shotgun Split Y Flex (Only 3 plays, Triple Option, Triple Option Pass which is very unique, and a PA cross)
  • Shotgun Y Trips HB Wk (Another good passing formation)
  • Shotgun Split (For the load option)
  • Shotgun Trio HB Wk (Has two great PA plays and Buck Sweep)
  • Shotgun Split Offset (One of the best formations in the game, very balanced)
  • Shotgun Spread Flex (My base formation)
  • Shotgun 5WR Trio (Actually my short yardage formation because I can run a draw or stick/spacing)
  • Shotgun Split Close (this formation has some amazing pass plays, including 3 with the HB automotioning to the slot. The two trail plays out of this are great)
  • Shotgun Gator Heavy (Goal Line)
  • Shotgun 4WR Trio
  • Shotgun 4WR Trio Str (Has the HB Dive play)
  • Shotgun Wing Offset
  • Shotgun Wing Trips Wk (I use this as a Wildcat formation, it is just like Wildcat Vulcan in Notre Dame or UAB. The Buck Sweep is glorious.
  • Shotgun Empty Trey (great pass plays)
  • Shotgun Wing Offset Wk (the Jet/Counter/PA Jet/Motion Option combo is great)
  • Shotgun Normal Flex Wing
  • Shotgun Slot F Wing (another good short yardage formation)
  • Pistol Full House (one of the best formations in the game)
  • Pistol Train
  • Pistol Strong Slot
  • Pistol Weak Slot
  • Pistol H Twins
  • Goal Line - Flexbone Tight (Navy is my base)
It is a HUGE playbook, but most of the formations have no more than 12 plays and it is pretty easy to navigate. I actually run a no huddle offense with this from time to time and flow between formations easily.

It is balanced enough so that you could go between heavy spread rushing to air raid very easily and adjust mid game. Most of the pass plays I put in the formations are the same, I put a ton of the trail plays in there (best new plays in the game) as well as a few run and shoot looks.

If you don't want a book that big, you could easily hack it down into just the passing aspect or just the rushing aspect.

Once the patch comes out, I will remake this book using Mississippi State as a base so that I can have Wishbone instead of Flexbone as a goal line. If they could ever make it so that you could reorder formations, I'd be even happier.

Haven't lost in the lobby since I paired this playbook together with Clemson (6 straight wins) and haven't lost in my online dynasty since I installed this offense after running Clemson's base playbook.

If you really want the best spread rushing book, you absolutely have to make it yourself. Mississippi State and Oregon will get you close, but not quite all the way.
Nice! You can actually run a no huddle offense with that because most of the formations have the same packages. I usually hate using no huddle because you can't sub in/out players. I'm going to try a playbook like that. Do you use a lot option run plays or sweep and off tackle runs?
Old 08-13-2011, 11:57 PM   #21
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankssta
Nice! You can actually run a no huddle offense with that because most of the formations have the same packages. I usually hate using no huddle because you can't sub in/out players. I'm going to try a playbook like that. Do you use a lot option run plays or sweep and off tackle runs?
I designed it precisely to run a very controlled no huddle offense. My base formation is Shotgun Spread Flex with my TE split as the 4th WR. Then I go from there. My 2nd play after Spread Flex is usually Shotgun 5WR HB Motion Option or Read Optoin, it throws users for a loop since most don't know those plays exist and the personnel are the same.

I use Read Option/Motion Option/Jet as the bulk of my runs, however I designed the offense to work with or without a mobile QB and I run a ton of non-option regardless. Actually, my favorite run is the Buck Sweep, I have it in Shotgun Wing Trips Wk and Shotgun Trio. It is a very traditional, old school Wing T style play out of the gun that is a huge part of Auburn's offense (and Nebraska last year). In both of those formations, it is my Quick Run audible, so I usually call a pass out of those formations and check to the Tiger/Buck Sweep if it's there.

Almost everything I run comes off of Read, Triple, Motion option though. Also love the Load Options I have in Wildcat Spread, Spread Flex and one of my Split Formations.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »