Home

Recruiting/Discipline

This is a discussion on Recruiting/Discipline within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2011, 12:25 PM   #9
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Recruiting/Discipline

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeezapleez
Personally, it added a lot more realism to it for me when they included this, and as someone stated before, it wasn't always your "star" player.
True, but it was your star player(s) an extremely disproportionate amount of the time. That's why whenever anybody less important had a minor violation we'd all suspend him for the season to try and bring down that "NCAA interest" meter so we could give our star players that slap on the risk for armed robbery.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #10
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
True, but it was your star player(s) an extremely disproportionate amount of the time. That's why whenever anybody less important had a minor violation we'd all suspend him for the season to try and bring down that "NCAA interest" meter so we could give our star players that slap on the risk for armed robbery.
Dude, that's simply not true and trust me, I wasted away freshman and sophmore year of college on NCAA 06/07, with a number of dynasty, it wasn't always the star. I was actually suprised when it wasn't, "your 3rd string runningback got into fight", oh, OK, 2 games. And I got over it.

And for the user, the bar didn't even go up that high, sometimes I wouldn't suspend the player at all. But for the CPU teams, their bars would be halfway full by week 6.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:40 PM   #11

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

They consulted Jim Tressel for the CPU discipline matters....

/lowblow
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 12:47 PM   #12
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
Dude, that's simply not true and trust me, I wasted away freshman and sophmore year of college on NCAA 06/07, with a number of dynasty, it wasn't always the star. I was actually suprised when it wasn't, "your 3rd string runningback got into fight", oh, OK, 2 games. And I got over it.

And for the user, the bar didn't even go up that high, sometimes I wouldn't suspend the player at all. But for the CPU teams, their bars would be halfway full by week 6.
I don't need to trust you as I played many years in those games and saw an inordinate amount of the top players getting into trouble. At LEAST half of all violations if not more were targeted on your star players even if they had an A discipline rating.

And you could easily get the NCAA interest bar sky high if you didn't discipline people properly, especially for serious violations like cheating on a test etc.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:50 PM   #13
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
I don't need to trust you as I played many years in those games and saw an inordinate amount of the top players getting into trouble. At LEAST half of all violations if not more were targeted on your star players even if they had an A discipline rating.

And you could easily get the NCAA interest bar sky high if you didn't discipline people properly, especially for serious violations like cheating on a test etc.
Different players, different experiences. Either way, it should never have been taken out of the game.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:06 PM   #14
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

We know that the NCAA will probably never allow it to come back, but if it did, I would like there to be a mechanism in place where one could choose to use some of their recruiting hours for "compliance" therefore reducing the chance of players getting into trouble.

Someone like me, who would be a hardcore disciplinarian, might use 3 of the 10 weekly recruiting hours on due diligence, so that during any year I might lose out a few top recruits as result, but none of my players would get suspended. Someone else who spends all 10 hours on recruiting gets more top prospects, but has 4 or 5 suspensions during the year.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #15
Rookie

synjin's Arena

OVR: 1

I miss that too. It went away with the implementation of the new recruiting style where every team gets 10 hours to spend each week. It used to be a pool of points that would go into the hundreds , depending on how big of a program you were. Smaller programs = smaller pool of points. Before each season, you would divide this pool into 3 categories... training, discipline and recruiting. Pile all your points into training and recruiting and you wouldn't have enough to suspend/punish players when they broke rules, thus you would get the NCAA Interest bar to start increasing.

The whole system was a bit broken for the CPU teams as they never seemed to punish their players, thus they always seemed to be getting scholarships taken away and post-season bans from the NCAA. Especially stupid when it routinely happened to teams like Air Force and Navy.

I liked that system... just needed tweaked a little.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 03:05 PM   #16
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Kinda miss this feature but as long as the violations weren't occurring every other week or so

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »