Home

Questions for NCAA Football 12 assoc. prod. Ben Haumiller for 8/18 interview

This is a discussion on Questions for NCAA Football 12 assoc. prod. Ben Haumiller for 8/18 interview within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2011, 09:14 AM   #25
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Questions for NCAA Football 12 assoc. prod. Ben Haumiller for 8/18 interview

I would like to start by saying I absolutely love this game, and I can't wait to get started in my offline dynasty once the patch drops. My question, though, is while I am extremely pleased with the lists of fixes that is coming in the upcoming patch, how have they not addressed the very evident glitches such as the tiny arm running back glitch (been evident for nearly 4-5 iterations of NCAA football - absolute game killer - and if not, is there a work-around to getting this to work properly? Anorexic running backs look very awkward), the custom stadium sounds not fading in and out properly, crowd volumes not working anything like they advertised, and the graphical glitches such as uniform degradation, pixelated field art, and the metallic helmets no longer showing up? These fixes in and of itself is enough to keep me playing for over the next year. I am still playing NCAA 11 and I bought it on launch day last year. I want the same from NCAA 12, and with these fixes on top of the already listed patch fixes would be enough to make it the best football game ever.

I hope mine is heard. Thank you!

Last edited by mm boost; 08-13-2011 at 09:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2011, 09:56 AM   #26
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Questions for NCAA Football 12 assoc. prod. Ben Haumiller for 8/18 interview

I'd appreciate it if you asked these questions:

Can/will the crowd be louder?

Can/will you make more Pass Interference penalties called?

Can/will you update the coaching carousel for 13?

Thanks
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 08-13-2011, 10:29 AM   #27
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

OVR: 3

Based on the number of bugs that have come out the past few years in the NCAA franchise, is the dev team going to reevaluate how they do bug testing? Or is their hand forced by the set release date where they only have time to focus on bugs that literally will not allow the game to play or function?
Old 08-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 19

Can his team enhance special teams play?

Examples:
Bad snaps on punts and kicks, especially during bad weather.
Reverses and fake reverses on kick returns.
An onside kick tutorial in practice mode.
Improve the chances of blocking kicks and punts.

Special teams is probably 20% of the sport, but is lacking in game.

Also, can they do further work on the option game? Dropped option pitches are not incompletions, that count as reception yardage! Option pitches rarely get intercepted. Give us a tutorial or a mini game for the option.

Can they tweak the screen passes, especially the traditional dump screen to the HB?

Thanks!
Old 08-13-2011, 10:55 AM   #29
Play With Integrity

HARTSTOPPER's Arena

OVR: 20

I'd like to ask a few questions:

1.) What happened to the basics of the game? There are literally 2 penalties a game called in online play, and both of them are off-sides or false starts. There are absolutely NO challenges unless the booth feels they need to be reviewed. To piggy back on that, where are the options of what exactly you are challenging? If I want to challenge a fumble, and my only option is to challenge the spot of the ball, what good does that do me?

2.) The game has been out for a month now. Where is the tuner updates that you said would allow you guys to make "adjustments on the fly?" Sounds a little bit like a false marketing ploy to get people to purchase a broken product. Congratulations, you have succeeded.

3.) What is the time table for the release on the patch that should be fixing some of the rather large issues with this game?

I know my questions come off as a bit harsh, or a little too forward, but hey, if you are KNOWINGLY putting out a broken product, why should it be anything other than harsh and straight forward. Get some better game testers, do some more research, quit with the bush league lies, and just be straight with us. I don't see why it's so hard to just be honest with your fan base.

I sincerely hope that EA is able to answer some of these questions without beating around the bush. The game has been out for a solid month and NOTHING has been adjusted to fix ANYTHING.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:29 AM   #30
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

"You must be very proud with the advances your team has made with the game and it shows in the sales. The presentation factor was a huge focus this year and its' safe to say that was marketed very well and the first months numbers reflect that.

However, the most important aspect at the very core of NCAA is/should be the accuracy of gameplay. Some of the more glaring symptoms of a gameplay engine in need of restructuring (psychic db's, super linebackers, psychic defensive play-call AI, no penalties, linemen releasing blocks the instant you're within a yard, etc.) are too painful to ignore.

The game got a nice new shiny top coat (presentation). The next step should be to take gameplay to the next level. (Which many would argue should be done before worrying about presentation).

I'm very aware that improvements are made (locomotion, no more suction tackling) each year, but the aforementioned problems are symptoms that shine through from an engine that does not incorporate read-and-react defensive AI.

What does the NCAA team have planned for such improvements and is this something we can look forward to in NCAA13? If not, when?"
Old 08-13-2011, 11:32 AM   #31
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

One tip for those asking questions...

Focus on the details of why something happens and how to fix it.

If you only say "Please call more penalties", then you're going to get the results but it won't be associated with realism.

The best example of this is the psychic pass defense. If you ask for "Improved pass defense", then that's what you get. However, it's done in a way that focuses on results and not an accurate representation of WHEN/HOW/WHY it happened.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2011, 01:20 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
One tip for those asking questions...

Focus on the details of why something happens and how to fix it.

If you only say "Please call more penalties", then you're going to get the results but it won't be associated with realism.

The best example of this is the psychic pass defense. If you ask for "Improved pass defense", then that's what you get. However, it's done in a way that focuses on results and not an accurate representation of WHEN/HOW/WHY it happened.
It would be nice if it were true, my friend.

Gamers have followed this route since NCAA being on Next-Gen, and what's sad is that many of the questions pertaining to asking him about this years release and '13 were posted/asked after the '08 release.

A properly posed question usually is met with "We didn't have time" or "We're looking into that" reply.

Again, what positive spin could he really place on this years release?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »