Home

NCAA 12 takes too much control away from the USER.

This is a discussion on NCAA 12 takes too much control away from the USER. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2011, 11:18 PM   #1
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13
NCAA 12 takes too much control away from the USER.

Let me start off by saying that I love the game overall this year and I'm really enjoying it. However they basically programmed the first few steps you take on defense. For instance when you're 100% committed to stopping the outside toss, you absolutely can't because your FS starts running in the opposite direction the second the ball is snapped. The good players are forced to hot route their FS to hit the flats and pray that a deep ball is not coming their way.

It should NOT be like this. We should be able to jump the snap and stuff those outside tosses one on one! I want my FS to play deep zone in those situations, but I don't have that option because it's a free 8+ yards if I haven't hot routed him to cover the flats.

Another example; on some plays my DE (who is not in coverage) will shoot out at the TE in the slot like he is in man coverage. The QB then completes his fake and then they give me control of the DE who is now 5 yards out of position.

The animations in this game are taking over completely. EA, PLEASE give more control to the USER!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2011, 11:48 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NCAA 12 takes too much control away from the USER.

I do agree with this, especially on defense when the ball is snapped the player starts running on his own. I don't like this at all. The way I see it, I should have complete control over the player and he should only move when I do. Also, same thing on special teams when I'm returning a kick. If you don't move anything the player should just stand there...he should not run on his own. The game is almost completely automated as it is now.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:39 AM   #3
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

This was one of the biggest gripes I had with the game. If I had to guess, I'd assume this is done intentionally to prevent certain exploits. I remember in the older NCAA's, it was easy to rack of sacks with a DE because you could just speed burst around the tackle for an easy sack. Taking those first few steps of control away from the user allows the CPU's O-line to engage to impede your progress to the QB.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:01 AM   #4
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
So instead of fixing the AI they decided it was ok to make a user player do what they think should happen? This is terrible! It makes my DE do stupid stuff. It has also messed up one of my favorite blitzes.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

Last edited by blkrptnt819; 08-15-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:07 AM   #5
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

I've seen this also, with my LB I guess right on the snap count and I'm up-ended as a result, every single time without fail. If I'm supposed to blitz with my LB, I'm automatically suctioned to the G or T, which really sucks on outside runs and option plays...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 07:56 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 3

I find that when I hit the swat button to defend a pass it still tries to intercept it 90% of the time. Really annoying
Old 08-15-2011, 11:54 AM   #7
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
I do agree with this, especially on defense when the ball is snapped the player starts running on his own. I don't like this at all. The way I see it, I should have complete control over the player and he should only move when I do. Also, same thing on special teams when I'm returning a kick. If you don't move anything the player should just stand there...he should not run on his own. The game is almost completely automated as it is now.
It's like we're playing a game solely designed to create these amazing ESPN highlights, even though it's the same 2-3 highlights on every single play. There is no excuse to not give us full control of any given player on the field. I am usually playing with the FS in running situations, and I like to call a basic Cover 3 to as my run stopper. But I can't shoot the gap or hit the outside because my player won't jump the snap and do what I tell him to do. It forces me to shuffle back and forth until the ball is snapped, which is annoying because I need to be focusing on not only my assignment, but DL/LB adjustments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
This was one of the biggest gripes I had with the game. If I had to guess, I'd assume this is done intentionally to prevent certain exploits. I remember in the older NCAA's, it was easy to rack of sacks with a DE because you could just speed burst around the tackle for an easy sack. Taking those first few steps of control away from the user allows the CPU's O-line to engage to impede your progress to the QB.
Considering most people back up 20-25 yards, this was not even an issue. I wish NCAA/Madden would give us a hardcore mode that forced us to sit in the pocket for 3-4 seconds, but I'll never get that. So in return we need to be able to get some pressure with a four man rush. I loved old gen speed rushes. All you had to do was put the DE in contain, and control him around the OT.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:57 AM   #8
TWC
Rookie

TWC's Arena

OVR: 2

My favorite one is that stupid animation when your kickoff returner wants to run the ball out of the endzone but you want him to take a knee.

Then there's getting an interception on the 1 yard line, getting stuck in a series of animations that end up getting your DB tackled in the endzone for a safety.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »