Home

Is Anybody Else Having Trouble With All-American?

This is a discussion on Is Anybody Else Having Trouble With All-American? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2011, 10:57 PM   #9
Banned

MarylandMan's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Is Anybody Else Having Trouble With All-American?

Guys I'm on AA, but I am using cbc72's sliders. I bumped them up.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...mpaired-3.html
Old 08-17-2011, 06:59 AM   #10
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

I felt the same way, and switched to Varsity after a year on AA because I was struggling so badly. Played on Varsity for two years and started to dominate the CPU, so I went back to AA and messed with the sliders. Now, I have good competative games most of the time. I can still generaly crush bad teams, and sometimes get my but kicked by great teams. Example, I lost 62-7 at home to Alabama in year three of my WVU dynasty, and Oklahoma rushed for 300 yards in the first half against me, but I still went 9-1 in my other games.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:04 AM   #11
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

One thing I've learned over the years, sliders that work in season 1 or 2 don't in later seasons as the progression issues take hold. It becomes a different game and you have to toughen your sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 02:43 PM   #12
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUNoles2009
Wow, you must have no problem regularly achieving 250-300 hards a game passing. Prior installments of NCAA was not this difficult on all teams. On high ranked teams (Oklahoma, Boise State, Auburn, etc) sure they were difficult -- but they should be.

At least it seems that the LT/L2 is makin' a difference with sliders it can work as well as NCAA Football 2010 & 2011. Now, if they fix something with player tendencies and the XBox freezing.
You are correct, I have no problem passing for 250 yards a game, rushing for a 100 yards a game with the crappiest of teams against the strongest of teams on DEFAULT Heisman or DEFAULT All American.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:30 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
One thing I've learned over the years, sliders that work in season 1 or 2 don't in later seasons as the progression issues take hold. It becomes a different game and you have to toughen your sliders.
You've had to make the sliders tougher?! I've had the exact opposite problem, I had to make the sliders easier. I started out with the default sliders and to make them tougher. As I advanced thru my dynasty I had to make the sliders easier and easier, especially around Year 4 and 5 (when the default roster players are almost or all gone).

I currently have pass coverage at 0 and Int at 0 and I still throw too many picks on AA.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:44 PM   #14
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavmoses07
You've had to make the sliders tougher?! I've had the exact opposite problem, I had to make the sliders easier. I started out with the default sliders and to make them tougher. As I advanced thru my dynasty I had to make the sliders easier and easier, especially around Year 4 and 5 (when the default roster players are almost or all gone).

I currently have pass coverage at 0 and Int at 0 and I still throw too many picks on AA.

Interesting. I'm in season 6 where rosters of major teams are stocked with 90+ players due to "progression inflation" and I'm actually having to toughen the CPU D sliders. I really want to play lower scoring games than putting up 50+ every week. Could be my sliders, or my RB breaking tackles too often, who knows???
Old 08-17-2011, 03:45 PM   #15
Banned

tKlausEffect's Arena

OVR: 1

Last night I threw for 368 yards, 2 TD's and 4 INT's using Notre Dame (THE most vanilla spread offense in the game by the way) on AA. I don't think it's too hard, just take what you can get.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 07:00 PM   #16
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tKlausEffect
Last night I threw for 368 yards, 2 TD's and 4 INT's using Notre Dame (THE most vanilla spread offense in the game by the way) on AA. I don't think it's too hard, just take what you can get.
Passing actually becomes pretty easy on default AA. I've always been a passer...and once I read the Air Raid guide on NCAA utopia I've done much better. Last game (granted it was against Vanderbilt with Ole Miss) I passed for 425 yards, 6 TD's, 3 Int (2 of which I hit the wrong button....I hate it when I do that).

I actually struggle with running the ball. That could be because I run an Air Raid and only have 5 guys on the LOS most of the time.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »