Home

RTG WR JUMP BALL

This is a discussion on RTG WR JUMP BALL within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2011, 12:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
RTG WR JUMP BALL

How do you get your WR to JUMP INTO THE AIR and catch the ball at its HIGHEST POINT
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 01:03 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: RTG WR JUMP BALL

someone help! i'm pausing until i can figure this out lol i have a 6'5 possession WR for rtg btw
Old 08-18-2011, 01:26 PM   #3
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Do not bump your post, it's against the site TOS.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:50 PM   #4
Rookie

synjin's Arena

OVR: 1

The only way I've been able to consistently do it is to use the strafe button to position myself facing the incoming ball. If I'm facing any other direction, I end up doing unwanted animations like over the shoulder catches, or worse, the bend over and catch it at knee level animation... which is the exact opposite of what you want.

Also, try to position yourself about half step or two between the target where the ball is supposed to land, depending on how much arc is on the ball... lots of arc means little to no distance between you and the target.

Make sure you have come to a stop or close enough to it. Time it right and then press the Triangle button (PS3, not sure the corresponding "catch" button is on Xbox).
Old 08-18-2011, 03:43 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by synjin
The only way I've been able to consistently do it is to use the strafe button to position myself facing the incoming ball. If I'm facing any other direction, I end up doing unwanted animations like over the shoulder catches, or worse, the bend over and catch it at knee level animation... which is the exact opposite of what you want.

Also, try to position yourself about half step or two between the target where the ball is supposed to land, depending on how much arc is on the ball... lots of arc means little to no distance between you and the target.

Make sure you have come to a stop or close enough to it. Time it right and then press the Triangle button (PS3, not sure the corresponding "catch" button is on Xbox).
thats just so hard to do given the camera angle, somehow someway they need to have customized camera angles per position, so a WR can look back for the ball and those sorts of things....i sort of know how the icon works where the pass is being thrown, i can kind of feel when the pass is getting close but its still very hard to judge, i want to adjust my route at times so i can come into the motion with some momentum, maybe that will work but it will still benearly impossible given the camera angle....you cant see the ball lol!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 04:09 PM   #6
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc314
thats just so hard to do given the camera angle, somehow someway they need to have customized camera angles per position, so a WR can look back for the ball and those sorts of things....i sort of know how the icon works where the pass is being thrown, i can kind of feel when the pass is getting close but its still very hard to judge, i want to adjust my route at times so i can come into the motion with some momentum, maybe that will work but it will still benearly impossible given the camera angle....you cant see the ball lol!
The horrible camera angle killed WR RTG for me. I think I only made it half way through my Frosh season.

As for the deep ball, try to get to the target as fast as possible, then flick the R-stick down (to turn and face the ball) and hit Y right before the ball arrives. Short answer: it sucks and they need to totally rework it for next year.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Old 08-18-2011, 04:12 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

The defensive camera might actually suit the WR pretty well, especially if it flips around once you catch the ball.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:27 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeOut464
The horrible camera angle killed WR RTG for me. I think I only made it half way through my Frosh season.

As for the deep ball, try to get to the target as fast as possible, then flick the R-stick down (to turn and face the ball) and hit Y right before the ball arrives. Short answer: it sucks and they need to totally rework it for next year.
i mean it is pretty bad, but do you notice on the marker where the ball is being thrown how the circles on the inside get smaller to bigger or something like that, im not totally sure but i think i noticed it changing when the ball is getting closer, if anyone has mastered this and knows what im talking about please share the love

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »