Home

Truck stick and Stiff arm not effective?

This is a discussion on Truck stick and Stiff arm not effective? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2011, 10:36 AM   #25
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Truck stick and Stiff arm not effective?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
Excellent point and very true. Not sure if the OP is expecting guys to get blown up every time it's used or not, but the usual animation is a TE or a big back falling forward with his head down over the top of the defender who is on his back. I have seen the CPU truck me in a game where I was on my back and the runner kept his feet without falling, literally stepping over me. This is a rare animation, but it should be rare because this rarely happens in real life.
Negative ghost rider, I don't expect it to happen every time but when my running back has a high stiff arm rating and a high trucking rating I expect him to at least go into the animation OCCASIONALLY. That doesn't necessarily mean hes going to truck over everyone but to atleast see he's executing the command would be nice. Majority of the time I am not even seeing my RB go into the motions.

The one negative in my eyes that came from this delay incorporated is with the leaping over the goaline. The delay is so bad it's useless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2011, 10:50 AM   #26
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
It's not really messed up, it's by design.
It is by design but I personally feel the truck, stiff arm and r-stick juke are too hard to pull off now. It feels like all the RBs are neutered and the only thing I can do is just run through an opening and get tackled. I never seem to break any tackles with special moves or make guys miss anymore. We can debate how realistic it was in the past but this has really hurt my personal enjoyment of the game.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:08 AM   #27
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

The stiff arm, the spin move, and juke are way to easy to pull off. Ryan Houston with a SPM rating of 64 is spinning by people way to easy, the juke is a little more realistic, he's not shaking guys out of their shoes but it gets the job done, the stiff arm is where it gets a little dicey, I get a power back wanting to put a defenders face in the ground but to completely stop while doing it is just off. Trucking is not effective at all or it's mixed up there are to many 6'1" 230lb power backs getting stood up by 5'11" 170lb CBs and 5'9" 185lb speed backs running through 300lb D-Linemen.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:20 PM   #28
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
If you mean the annual "give a feature then remove a feature" EA dance, then yea, it's "by design".
So now it's removed? Ok.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #29
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
It is by design but I personally feel the truck, stiff arm and r-stick juke are too hard to pull off now. It feels like all the RBs are neutered and the only thing I can do is just run through an opening and get tackled. I never seem to break any tackles with special moves or make guys miss anymore. We can debate how realistic it was in the past but this has really hurt my personal enjoyment of the game.
Timings different for sure, and the difficulty bar has been raised, but it's still there and still effective. I thought it was too easy in the past. I am glad it was toned down. I think the truck stick may still be a little too easy. I am definitely less effective with juke. Juke you really seem to need to set up in space.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:44 PM   #30
Rookie

Ike Slider2's Arena

OVR: 10

I think the biggest problem is that the direct ratings aren't the most important thing to affect it. Like I was in practice mode with Denard Robinson against MSU, and when he got up to a decent speed I could truck safeties at will. His trucking is only a 50, his strength 65 and his BTK a 70. I think it may be influenced by the speed, (its only really triggered when your sprinting) and also I think his 95 elusiveness factored in. With the stiff arm his rating is in the mid 80s but it doesn't work as well as when I use a power back with a 60 stiff arm and 75 strength. I think that the strength rating plays a big part in that.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:03 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I think it is more of Timing/Positioning, Momentum, and Ability. Most of the true "Run them Straight Over"/Brandon Jacobs Truck Animations are Head-on/Shoulder Squared Trucks.
Most of the Truck/Break Tackle animations are for Smaller/Elusive Backs. There is only a few "Power RB" Truck Animations in this games. The current Trucks are perfect for RBs who cant really go through a defender, but constantly break tackles. Like the animation where you Spin Truck or the Broken Shoe lace Animation where you stumble and regain balance.
I would like to see more animations next year where you bounce of Tacklers, Churn your feet, Drag defenders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 03:36 AM   #32
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Juke move in the open field is pretty money if you set the defender up which isn't too unrealistic. I actually think manual juking is great this year too, just stopping the runner and cutting back sharp the other way. May not look totally realistic but the end result is effective. Stiff arm's work sometimes, but then again how often to you really see big stiff arms in real life? Maybe the best backs have 5-6 signature stiff arms a season?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »