Home

Player Progression

This is a discussion on Player Progression within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Player Progression

Preface is that I am enjoying the game and this is a gripe.

So player progression continues to be an issue in our beloved franchise. My current Offline D team - ECU/head coach - is an a rebuilding year and i have options at QB and HB.

At QB I had 2 under-classmen sharing time for the frist 5 games (75 FR / 77 SO). One emerged through superior play and is now a starter, the frosh. Turns out - the other guy, who hasn't played much since gm 5, is improving whereas my surprise frosh; well he apparently hasn't learned one thing and his development is stagnant since wk 1. What Gives.

At HB, same story. Although I'm more willing to see traces of reality in this situation as my under-classmen is improving and a JUCO Jr., although playing well and producing, is stagnant.

In any event... On a wish list, for next edition, I would love to unlock the great mystery of player progression. Why not tie it to playing time/snaps. Why not tie it to production. The status quo is a hidden potetnial rating that dictates the development curve.... I don't know why we can't see it.

It's all over the place right now. Any posters on here have any advice to add some realism to progression.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS - one other minor venting gripe... It takes so much longer to advance week at the end of the year as opposed to the start, and when I advance on the off-season, I usually got time to read a chaptre or surf the internet... what gives.

Last edited by Boris Le Tigre; 08-19-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »