Home

Do you consider certain run formations cheesing?

This is a discussion on Do you consider certain run formations cheesing? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2011, 02:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Do you consider certain run formations cheesing?

Its obvious the ai doesn't react to certain formations well. Plus when you use it w/ teams like Alabama, it's just insane.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2011, 04:58 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Do you consider certain run formations cheesing?

SO I finally did what people do to me online to someone else. I ran Maryland I all game. Got to admit, it felt good to make someone else as mad as I get when it happens to me.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:56 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

So did you do it to someone who was also running the maryland I exclusively, essentially having a maryland I contest...or did you abuse it against some undeserving poor soul...I don't know if its a good thing that you enjoy making other people mad...I guess you have joined the dark side.

My advice would be don't play people who use bama, instead of doing to someone else what you didn't like done to you.

Last edited by Johnny "Too Tall"; 08-24-2011 at 08:59 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:16 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "Too Tall"
So did you do it to someone who was also running the maryland I exclusively, essentially having a maryland I contest...or did you abuse it against some undeserving poor soul...I don't know if its a good thing that you enjoy making other people mad...I guess you have joined the dark side.

My advice would be don't play people who use bama, instead of doing to someone else what you didn't like done to you.

I did it to someone who wasn't doing it. I had to try it once. I won't do it again. This person knew the disconnect glitch and used. SO he wasn't so innocent. I just got tired of people using it on me. Some guy had Bama(like you said) and their blocking was unreal. The guard would pancake my DT almost every play. 1 play he had to drive him back like 8yrds. And that was when I was controlling him.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:38 AM   #5
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by on my grizzle
SO I finally did what people do to me online to someone else. I ran Maryland I all game. Got to admit, it felt good to make someone else as mad as I get when it happens to me.
People like this are among the lowest of the low when it comes to online gaming. Its the exact correlation of a boyfriend screwing over a good girl then good girl turns bad, screws over new good boyfriend. A never ending vicious cycle.

Online ranked games have a bad enough rep on the OS w/o this foolishness. It is not as bad as people on here make it out to be. I've made it to the top 20 on ps3 (lolif3_) w/o resorting to this BS. Do I run into some cheesy guys like the OP?? Of course. Sometimes I stop the BS, sometimes I dont. The best part of facing guys like this is having the ability to experiment w/ different defensive formations and tactics. Eventually you adapt(not in the way the OP decided) but by adjusting your defense to defend every gap.

Its far more exciting to receive comments like:

- "you're the straightest player I've played"
- "Awesome D"
- "You run a great mix of offensive plays"
- "Sick offense man"
- "That was a Hell of a game I've never seen Toledo used like that"
- "Man I love playing you, we always use crazy teams" (after gm where I used Temple and he used another C team)

Than to stoop down to a level where you infuriate every player you play.

I have over 30 losses to cheeser/abusers and every one of them has made me a better player & has been placed on my blocked list so I can never play them again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2011, 09:56 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
People like this are among the lowest of the low when it comes to online gaming. Its the exact correlation of a boyfriend screwing over a good girl then good girl turns bad, screws over new good boyfriend. A never ending vicious cycle.

Online ranked games have a bad enough rep on the OS w/o this foolishness. It is not as bad as people on here make it out to be. I've made it to the top 20 on ps3 (lolif3_) w/o resorting to this BS. Do I run into some cheesy guys like the OP?? Of course. Sometimes I stop the BS, sometimes I dont. The best part of facing guys like this is having the ability to experiment w/ different defensive formations and tactics. Eventually you adapt(not in the way the OP decided) but by adjusting your defense to defend every gap.

Its far more exciting to receive comments like:

- "you're the straightest player I've played"
- "Awesome D"
- "You run a great mix of offensive plays"
- "Sick offense man"
- "That was a Hell of a game I've never seen Toledo used like that"
- "Man I love playing you, we always use crazy teams" (after gm where I used Temple and he used another C team)

Than to stoop down to a level where you infuriate every player you play.

I have over 30 losses to cheeser/abusers and every one of them has made me a better player & has been placed on my blocked list so I can never play them again.

HEy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said I wasn't going to do it again. The funny thing is, I think I found a decent D to run vs it, becuz the guy stopped me on a few plays. SO I did learn something.

Don't judge me, I was upset because I had beat 2 high ranked players, who used the Disconnect glitch to avoid a loss.

Ironically enough, the guy I did this to said close to what you said. He thought I did it all the time. BUt it was really my first time even using that formation. I like throwing the ball.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:17 PM   #7
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

So is the Maryland I just cheese against humans online? Because I can say with certainty that for me it's not a money play against the CPU. Yeah it's a good formation for some things like short yardage, triple option, but there's no way in hades I could just plow down the field against the CPU using nothing else. Maybe people online have no clue what to call to stop it and the CPU does? lol
Old 08-24-2011, 05:59 PM   #8
Pro

der juicen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
So is the Maryland I just cheese against humans online? Because I can say with certainty that for me it's not a money play against the CPU. Yeah it's a good formation for some things like short yardage, triple option, but there's no way in hades I could just plow down the field against the CPU using nothing else. Maybe people online have no clue what to call to stop it and the CPU does? lol
It's only cheese if you can't stop it, it seems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »