Home

The SEC.

This is a discussion on The SEC. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2011, 02:48 PM   #9
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: The SEC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibito
Hope you're still saying that when the SEC moves to 14 teams

Will also be funny when no team in the SEC manages better then 2 losses this year lol
If you put A&M/Clemson in the SEC, you'd better create a Pac 20, ACC 18, and a Big 18 if you want some balance. If not then the SEC will never reach the BCSNCG, which is ridiculous since we've won the past 6.

Last edited by ViLLiO; 08-24-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:48 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yea it crazy Auburn, UF, Alabama, LSU all are always around that 6-7 win mark, while Kentucky, and Ole Miss are near the 10 win mark, and Georgia win the east every year with 10-11 wins but gets destroyed in the SECCG every season average scored of like 35-10. National powerhoues Houston, Air Force, Nevada, and UCF. But the consistant I have is Oklahoma in the championship game every season so far execpt for one (ND vs Rutgers)
Old 08-24-2011, 03:00 PM   #11
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I did custom conferences and put FSU in the SEC

Well season one they go 13-0 and face Boise State (12-1) in the BCS title game. Don't be too upset I had BSU in the Pac-12.

Boise State won lol

Here's the season recap from my dynasty website:

http://ndalum.webs.com/VirginiaFootball/NCAA/2011.html

As you can see, the SEC had several teams drop out of the Top 25

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2011, 03:13 PM   #12
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
By the way, I stand by my remark regarding the SEC. If anyone screws with that conference, they aren't playing the game correctly.
So let me get this straight. You're complaining about the SEC teams beating up on each other. Yet, you're calling people out if they mess with the SEC? If you want it to be a cakewalk for certain teams, then fix it that way. Teams change over the years so you'll be constantly changing your conferences around. OR, you could leave it as is and just deal with the SEC teams beating up on each other. Either spread the wealth, or expect less prominent teams playing for the NC. OOOOORRRRRRR, you can just completely create an alternate universe where geographic locations matter not to the conference make up

Again, this is why they gave us Conference Realignment
Old 08-24-2011, 03:14 PM   #13
Rookie

ndfan1993's Arena

OVR: 2

The game is just smart enough to know that most of the SEC is cheating so they assume they are on some sort of probation and therefore exclude them from the title game. I would say it is excellent coding.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm in my 6th season controlling Tulane and LSU is always in the top 5, most of the time top 3. I added A&M/Clemson during the 4th season I believe, and will be expanding it to 16 fairly soon.

Alabama is the only SEC team to have won the NC in the 5 years though. LSU/Alabama are the only two teams that seem to be in national title contention each year.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:40 PM   #15
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

I love how he said "We have won the last 6 BCS champ games". What team in the SEC do you play for? Also I am a Razorback fan. I could care less about how good LSU or Auburn do. I want Arkansas to win every game. How did Auburn winning a NC help the Hogs?

As far as the game goes. It has played very realistic for me. The last sim I did has Arkansas versus SC in the SEC title game. Ark was 10 and 2. I think the SEC winner this year could very well have two losses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2011, 05:15 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'll side with Razorback fan here. I care about Bama, and Bama only in the SEC. Rarely if ever do I want any SEC teams to win bowl games. No offense Razorback, was rooting for OSU last year . I've never been one to say 'we' when it comes to the SEC, nor do I chant 'SECSECSEC'. What the other teams do or don't do is entirely irrelevant to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I love how he said "We have won the last 6 BCS champ games". What team in the SEC do you play for? Also I am a Razorback fan. I could care less about how good LSU or Auburn do. I want Arkansas to win every game. How did Auburn winning a NC help the Hogs?

As far as the game goes. It has played very realistic for me. The last sim I did has Arkansas versus SC in the SEC title game. Ark was 10 and 2. I think the SEC winner this year could very well have two losses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »