Home

A "Beta" should not be sold for 59.99

This is a discussion on A "Beta" should not be sold for 59.99 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2011, 09:54 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: A "Beta" should not be sold for 59.99

If we were discussing anything but a video game, there would be so many lawsuits. If this was a car company that during their safety checks ran a bike into their car and said nobody inside was hurt during their tests, and got a 100% safety rating then sold the car, there would be many lawsuits and many millions of dollars lost. They could not as a company say, “We should probably be able to fix this by the end of the month, but no date will be decided upon” We as consumers would be able to fight back and say they are selling us a faulty product and the consumer is being hurt by their negligence. I know that is a drastic comparison, but when a company says NEW screen on our computer, and after 20 minutes of using the screen it doesn’t work, we can do something about it. That’s how I feel about this game as it is not as much caring for the consumer as it is caring about the bottom line and meeting deadlines. I love EA games as I buy 4 (FIFA, NHL, Madden, NCAA) every year, but really something needs to be done.fficeffice" />>>
Old 08-25-2011, 11:55 AM   #10
Rookie

Buckstopshere's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black4track
Gentlemen,

What is the solution to get a better quality game worth the price? For this game to be $60, there are waaay too many glitches and bugs for it to be such a price. Also with some of the features that are left out year after year, this game should be 39.99 at the least

I know the problem lies with the consumer as well, but a big company like EA should treat their consumers better. If you are not going to overhaul the game with new features year to year, at least sell the product for a cheaper price, or if your going to sell it for 59.99, at least make the game FUNCTIONAL.

Unlike some people, I cant trade this in because in stationed overseas, Amazon is my way to go probably.

I just feel soo cheated. What can we do a consumers to at least make this game better without bashing EA?

Do we not buy it?

Could be beg the company to work on the game for maybe 2 years and just update us with patches?

What would be a good solution to try to fix this problem in the future?

Ive retired from the sticks for a while and I'm now playing flag football. Damn Im outta shape.
I have to basically agree with you. I will never buy an NCAA game on day one ever again after this.

I should have figured that out a few years ago when the trend started. The trend being you have to wait at least 4 weeks if not longer after the game streets to see that first major patch more or less finish the thing off and put it in the state that it should have been to begin with.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me more than that? Forget it.

Never again.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:50 PM   #11
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

The cool thing about this thread is I haven't read anything like this anywhere else on this forum, ever.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 01:53 PM   #12
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

what are beta

Am I doing this right, just trying to fit in.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:40 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 0

Different day same thread....Is this not getting old.....This board is now as bad as ea forums..:.dang its was good while it lasted....
Old 08-25-2011, 02:46 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
Different day same thread....Is this not getting old.....This board is now as bad as ea forums..:.dang its was good while it lasted....
So you posted in the thread to whine about it.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:50 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

I like how guys in these threads roll their eyes and mock people that are complaining about the game.

This a discussion forum. This is a discussion forum for NCAA 12. Talking about a subject and whether you like it or dislike it is 90% of any forum (movies, sports, etc.). The fact that the tone is overwhelming negative is not every posters fault.

If you want to see what a great board looks like, just go to MLB the Show. It's not bogged down with discussion of bugs and hatred. It's full of positive reviews, polls about gameplay, and discussion of upcoming versions. And there's a reason for that...

In summary, it's not the posters fault, it's the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 03:08 PM   #16
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

I hope people realize that even though you don't get the game on release day, but eventually buy it, you're still lining EA's pockets. That make me laugh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »