Home

A "Beta" should not be sold for 59.99

This is a discussion on A "Beta" should not be sold for 59.99 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2011, 07:10 AM   #1
Rookie

Black4track's Arena

OVR: 2
A "Beta" should not be sold for 59.99

Gentlemen,

What is the solution to get a better quality game worth the price? For this game to be $60, there are waaay too many glitches and bugs for it to be such a price. Also with some of the features that are left out year after year, this game should be 39.99 at the least

I know the problem lies with the consumer as well, but a big company like EA should treat their consumers better. If you are not going to overhaul the game with new features year to year, at least sell the product for a cheaper price, or if your going to sell it for 59.99, at least make the game FUNCTIONAL.

Unlike some people, I cant trade this in because in stationed overseas, Amazon is my way to go probably.

I just feel soo cheated. What can we do a consumers to at least make this game better without bashing EA?

Do we not buy it?

Could be beg the company to work on the game for maybe 2 years and just update us with patches?

What would be a good solution to try to fix this problem in the future?

Ive retired from the sticks for a while and I'm now playing flag football. Damn Im outta shape.
Dallas Mavericks
UT LONGHORNS

Last edited by Black4track; 08-25-2011 at 07:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 07:54 AM   #2
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: A "Beta" should not be sold for 59.99

Just telling you now, you're stirring the hornet's nest...Although, I agree that the game needs more testing before it's released...
Old 08-25-2011, 08:24 AM   #3
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

this is not going to end well, i agree but use the impressions thread its somewhere around here...

but it says something when the impressions thread is no where to be found

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 08-25-2011, 08:41 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

It is disappointing when something you love, and have loved enjoying for the past few years, comes out with something new and it doesn't live up to your expectations. The first months will be (and have been) rocky, but you have to have faith that EA will continue to work on the glitches and tuners to get the game fully functional.

Will it be perfect, no, I highly doubt it.
Seems to me like the NCAA series is one where, no matter what condition it is in, it *has* to go out on it's release date. No pushing back for anything, bugs be damned.

Just my opinion, I have thrown more stuff than I care to admit, but I still like the game.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:41 AM   #5
Rookie

marxshut's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black4track
Gentlemen,

What is the solution to get a better quality game worth the price? For this game to be $60, there are waaay too many glitches and bugs for it to be such a price. Also with some of the features that are left out year after year, this game should be 39.99 at the least

I know the problem lies with the consumer as well, but a big company like EA should treat their consumers better. If you are not going to overhaul the game with new features year to year, at least sell the product for a cheaper price, or if your going to sell it for 59.99, at least make the game FUNCTIONAL.

Unlike some people, I cant trade this in because in stationed overseas, Amazon is my way to go probably.

I just feel soo cheated. What can we do a consumers to at least make this game better without bashing EA?

Do we not buy it?

Could be beg the company to work on the game for maybe 2 years and just update us with patches?

What would be a good solution to try to fix this problem in the future?

Ive retired from the sticks for a while and I'm now playing flag football. Damn Im outta shape.
I totally agree and wrote EA and told them as much.

What we need to understand is that if EA is selling a ton of copies of the game they've got no real motivation to change their current business model of releasing a beta as a final version, then letting the consumer test it for them.

Personally, I'll probably always buy the title, but next year, I'm not going to get it on release day (or for up to a month after) because I play for dynasty mode and under this system there's no need for me to have the game until they fix all the bugs. I'll either buy it then or pick it up used. I think if enough people did that, it would send a message an impact their sales projections.

Sadly I think that without competition, this is the only way to send them the message that we are dissatisfied with their efforts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 09:22 AM   #6
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

2 reasons why games come out now that need polishing.

1. Patches (and tuner sets for NCAA). I have mentioned this before but when they can release a working game and fix issues later, they will rely on patches. The community has become their hardcore testers and deadlines need to be hit. Why not let the masses tell you what is wrong when you can fix it later. See below about deadlines.

2. Release dates needing to be hit. More and more things go into games these days and the suits run the show. Development cycles are really pushed to the max in order to make the dates anymore.

Not saying that it's right but it's the reality of today's video gaming world. Soon EA will be moving on and working on NCAA13 and the cycle starts over again.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 08-25-2011, 09:36 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Its not about the money, its about the time and frustration. If you are a slider and stat guy, you will know exactly what I mean. NCAA 2011 changed dramatically after each patch and tuner. Sliders had to be re-worked and retyested each time. Not worth it in my opinion.

As far as being a Beta at release, after buying NCAA 2011, Madden 2011, and Fight Night Champion, it is clear that is the way EA is headed. At release, you will be getting an unfinished product with potentially big bugs like Freezing and minor gameplay issues that still allow you to play the game, but may be game killers based on the individual. You should know that going in. Some people like to be the first to have the game and don't mind testing, those people need to pre-order and buy at launch and do what they do. Others would rather have the absolute final product so for better or worse they can start tweaking the sliders, etc knowing that they are dealing with the final product.

Its a matter of preference, but an important choice to make. I will most likely buy this game after the last tuner drops if people are saying the game is decent at that point.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:47 AM   #8
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

would be great if EA, would release a beta 2 months prior to release.. sure, it would cut into dev time, but say get with Steve and OS.. send him say 50 beta copies to hand out to die hard OSers/NCAA guys.. let them pick it apart for say a week or two, then send back what they found, how they found it etc.

after that, im sure EA could use that material and make a better game on release..
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »