Home

Wednesday, August 31st. AKA....Judgement Day

This is a discussion on Wednesday, August 31st. AKA....Judgement Day within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2011, 11:35 AM   #17
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Wednesday, August 31st. AKA....Judgement Day

The fact it's taking this long to get a patch out (their final free patch on the Live system) is a testament to how deep and many the issues are needing to be patched. Won't be surprised if it takes an hour to download it when it's released.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:52 AM   #18
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

We have all waited a long time so if it means that the patch is being carefully worked on, I don't want them to release it until it is ready.

Since it's been since Early August since notes were released I am hoping everything will be fixed and no new problems will pop up. They've been at it for awhile. If it goes into September and it works, fine.

I want to play this game just as badly as everyone else but I want the patch and tuner set to work right. This game isn't as bad as some people make it and it's pretty close to being really good if they can repair issues they said they would and release a nice tuner set.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 08-27-2011, 12:02 PM   #19
Pro

TheLeviticalLawKid3's Arena

OVR: 6

^ I agree.

I'll still play NCAA Football, have been for over a decade. Games aren't perfect, and I'm fine with patches. It's not like these games are unplayable. People just exaggerate everything and get upset when a game, made by humans, isn't perfect.

When was the last time you did something that was perfect?

If EA gets this patch out and it clears up the bugs that they've talked about, that's great. There are some things that they just can't fix.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:50 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

I feel it's one of two things. Either they have been unable to fix the freezing issues in the game yet, or they are waiting for Madden to drop before they announce anything. Probably don't want to affect it's sales.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:40 PM   #21
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

EA has us bent over the table guys. There's nothing we can do as college football fans if we want to play video games. All we can do is hope they improve.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 01:42 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Who knows, they probably just want to make it dramatic and try to impress us with how much they say is fixed, then probably have only 50% done and move on to ncaa 13
Old 08-27-2011, 02:30 PM   #23
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

They forgot the lesson they learned a couple of years ago. Until you have 100% certainty about any aspect of the game, don't say a word. To a lot of folks, the words, "may", "could", "should", "probably" "might", all mean "for sure". If something goes wrong, people will act like an act of treason has been committed.

I know that it's totally wishful thinking on my part, but next year should be quite pleasant if all these angry folk keep their word and skip NCAA 13. Sadly, what will happen is that people will skip the game, but still come into the forums and complain about how they were betrayed the year before.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:34 PM   #24
Rookie

tommygunn's Arena

OVR: 3

And the patch doesn't even cover the major problems in my opinion. How about fixing the psychic dbs and lbs, how about fixing sack action and screen passes, making special teams more varied, adding some atmosphere, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »