Home

Avoid Patch & Tuner #2?

This is a discussion on Avoid Patch & Tuner #2? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2011, 10:26 PM   #9
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Avoid Patch & Tuner #2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
^^
You can always dump the patch if its not for you.
Right, but won't downloading the patch irrevocably alter my existing CPBs? I'm concerned that if I download the patch and then dump it the damage to my CPBs will already be done. I suppose I'd probably get my missing formations back at least.

Here's a thought. Do we know for sure that downloading Update #2 automatically alters the CPBs? Or does it only alter them if you load them for use in a game or for editing? It'd be nice if I could get the patch but hold off on using my CPBs until the patch is fixed.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Old 09-12-2011, 08:34 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeOut464
Right, but won't downloading the patch irrevocably alter my existing CPBs? I'm concerned that if I download the patch and then dump it the damage to my CPBs will already be done. I suppose I'd probably get my missing formations back at least.

Here's a thought. Do we know for sure that downloading Update #2 automatically alters the CPBs? Or does it only alter them if you load them for use in a game or for editing? It'd be nice if I could get the patch but hold off on using my CPBs until the patch is fixed.
Then save a backup of your playbook.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:45 AM   #11
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeOut464
The issue isn't that they aren't irreplaceably diverse, it's that (1) it took quite a while to assemble them exactly how I want them; and, more importantly (2) I don't want to lose formations (I-Form Tight, Wildcat, etc.).

But if the trade off really is as substantial as you guys claim, maybe it'd be worth it. What kinds of offenses are you running? If WR blocking really has improved - especially in the option game - then I might consider it.
I run with SMU's Run and Shoot style D after losing my custom playbook. Pretty good set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #12
Rookie

ajwhawkeye12's Arena

OVR: 2

Can somebody please give me a good explanation of the issue with no huddle after patch #2?
Old 09-12-2011, 12:59 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 7

Is there any CPB issue if you hadn't already had one saved, but create one after you've installed Patch 2, or is this only an issue for pre-existing CPB's that were made before Patch 2?

I haven't started a real Dynasty yet, as I was waiting for this patch, but I did mess around a little with the CPB, but didn't invest all that much time with it. Should I just erase it and start a new one from scratch post-patch, or just forget CPB altogether?
Old 09-12-2011, 02:06 PM   #14
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Then save a backup of your playbook.
I must not be explaining myself well.

My question: If I download the update but don't in any way load my CPBs (i.e., no further editing or using them in-game), will those CPBs be effected by the patch?

The issue with saving a CPB backup in-game (is there any other way?) is that it'd be jacked up by the update too if the update applies to everything that's on the HDD despite not being actively loaded.

I think the only way to test this would be like this:
(1) Have somebody get the update
(2) Not load a CPB in any way
(3) Delete the update
(4) Without redownloading the update check to see if the original CPBs were altered.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Old 09-12-2011, 02:38 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwhawkeye12
Can somebody please give me a good explanation of the issue with no huddle after patch #2?
The search function is your friend.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...messed-up.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2011, 02:52 PM   #16
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Your custom playbook will get f'ed but how anybody could play the game with the player tendency bug is beyond me.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »