Home

CPU signing recruits for me despite...

This is a discussion on CPU signing recruits for me despite... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2011, 08:58 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: CPU signing recruits for me despite...

I was simming a few seasons and I had recruiting help on becasue I just didn;t want to do all of that. I would cut and reorder depth charts but Figured I would let the cpu do the recruting. I should have done it my self. The first sesaon I had one player less than the max on my roster but the next season I had 19 players over. When I started looking around and cutting players and I still had 10 players I had to let go. I just couldnot think of where these players were. I finaly looked at my kicker section and the cpu had recruted and signed 9 freshman kickers. I have never seen so many kickers in my life. of all the over recruting why kickers?
Old 09-21-2011, 04:19 PM   #10
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk_wess
do you use up all your recruiting time available each week?
As has been stated, this happens regardless of the number of hours you use each week (although if you do not use all your time each week the CPU will use it for you even if you have recruit assist turned off).

I've finally found the solution though. Fill up your recruiting class entirely!

No, for real -- last season I had a recruiting class of 34 players (on All-American, guess it's time to bump it up to Heisman because they were mostly 4*). The CPU STILL added 1 extra player for me -- who sucked and was promptly cut.

I just hope the CPU adding people randomly doesn't affect the pitch "Won't recruit someone of your position next year." That would suck if I got screwed out of that.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:22 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

They are pipeline players and depth chart fillers usually for me. Sometime I do get like 4 kickers or something crazy like that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2011, 12:13 AM   #12
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfc415
They are pipeline players and depth chart fillers usually for me. Sometime I do get like 4 kickers or something crazy like that

See, for me it's almost ALWAYS 3-5 WR and 3-5 HB. There will be an occasional punter/kicker or something else thrown in there from time to time, but it's usually a surplus of WR and HB.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:44 PM   #13
Rookie

stcloudgopher's Arena

OVR: 0

From what I've experienced, the CPU fills out your 25 scholarship allotment.
So if you sign 18 recruits, the CPU will fill the remaining 7. Get 24 and you'll get one.
Just my experience.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:37 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

yup, had the same thing happen to me, doesn't matter if you use all your time or not, suddenly in week 5, at the bottom of the list of week 5 signees, is a handful of mystery people. I just cut them, so no biggie, but it's odd-I never sign all 25 because I never lose 25 guys, so it happens to me every time
Old 07-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #15
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

OVR: 12

I noticed this little nuisance is back. I wish they'd just give you a "CPU Fill Recruiting Class" option you can turn off or on. That, or just let us have 85 man rosters. It's not the end of the world and far from the biggest issues that need fixed, but I'm someone who tracks all of my recruits, so every so often when I have to weed through 12-15 extra signings it can be a little bothersome.

I enter all of their information into a spreadsheet, track their OVR rating from their freshman year to their last year on campus, and track how much the improve. Since I normally have all my recruiting done well before week five of the off-season I normally go ahead and enter all the information in the spreadsheet before advancing to Signing Day and on NCAA 12 I'd just quickly jot down the name and position of the extra players the CPU signed for me, and cut them unless they were rated higher than another player I recruited.

Last edited by hoopla32; 07-17-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stcloudgopher
From what I've experienced, the CPU fills out your 25 scholarship allotment.
So if you sign 18 recruits, the CPU will fill the remaining 7. Get 24 and you'll get one.
Just my experience.
This.......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »