Home

Cheese or No Cheese?

This is a discussion on Cheese or No Cheese? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Cheese?
Cheese 56 44.09%
No Cheese 71 55.91%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-23-2011, 12:51 AM   #1
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6
Cheese or No Cheese?

So I have to ask the OS community to decide: Was I in the wrong?

It's the BCG NCG, USC (me) vs. Michigan (human) in my online dynasty. I'm up 7-6 with 1:55 left, he has one timeout. 4th and 1.5 on my 24. I figure the absolute last thing he'd expect is the fake punt run, so that's what I call. He hits me short but b/c he's got Strip Ball set to aggressive, it goes into the animation where my runner falls over the LB who is fighting for the football. First down, game over.

Cheese?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2011, 01:25 AM   #2
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Cheese or No Cheese?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
So I have to ask the OS community to decide: Was I in the wrong?

It's the BCG NCG, USC (me) vs. Michigan (human) in my online dynasty. I'm up 7-6 with 1:55 left, he has one timeout. 4th and 1.5 on my 24. I figure the absolute last thing he'd expect is the fake punt run, so that's what I call. He hits me short but b/c he's got Strip Ball set to aggressive, it goes into the animation where my runner falls over the LB who is fighting for the football. First down, game over.

Cheese?
That was an extremely foolish play and that is one of the main reasons why I don't play this game online. There is not a coach in the history of this great planet that would have called a fake punt on their own 24 while LEADING a championship game, or any game for that matter. If you're stopped he is in field goal range without moving a yard. If there is anything in this world you didn't deserve...ever in your life, it was the W in this game. Makes me think of a very good thread posted recently talking about luck and skill. You were definitely lucky.

That kind of stuff just makes me smh
Old 09-23-2011, 01:30 AM   #3
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

No cheese. You are not abusing any flaws in the AI or using overpowered plays. You were just taking advantage of your opponent's over-aggression.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:49 AM   #4
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
That was an extremely foolish play and that is one of the main reasons why I don't play this game online. There is not a coach in the history of this great planet that would have called a fake punt on their own 24 while LEADING a championship game, or any game for that matter. If you're stopped he is in field goal range without moving a yard. If there is anything in this world you didn't deserve...ever in your life, it was the W in this game. Makes me think of a very good thread posted recently talking about luck and skill. You were definitely lucky.

That kind of stuff just makes me smh
I should add I had all 3 of my timeouts. If I kicked it to him, all he needed would be about 30-40 yards of his own to get in FG range himself. With 2 minutes and a TO. If I fail, I have three timeouts to stop him with and get the ball back after his FG.

Or I gain 4 feet and win the National Championship. I think when coaches have a chance to win a game outright, they should take it. And in this case it was so unexpected that it worked.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:50 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Big guts to call that play right there!!! One of those situations great play call if it works, stupidest play call if it doesn't work. Up by 1 all he needs is a FG whewwww.

But I call lightweight cheese since that fake punt to the upback is good for at least 7 yards if the dfense isn't looking for it

Last edited by sfc415; 09-23-2011 at 01:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2011, 02:06 AM   #6
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

This is the worst kind of "cheese" and the reason playing online is so hit or miss. I don't care if you run with a fast QB, because I can stop it. I don't care if you run four verts all game, I can stop it. But people that go for the most unrealistic 4th downs ruin this game online. This game is so HEAVILY slanted to favor the offense that it is hard enough just to get someone to 4th down, but having to worry about them going for it on 4th when there is absolutely no earthly reason for them to do it just ruins things.

EVEN WORSE is that you did it using fake punt. That is pathetic. If you are so intent on gaining 4 feet to decide a national championship, line up and go for it using a legitimate formation, at least that can be stopped. No special teams plays available in this game can stop fake punt run except maybe punt block and even that is shaky at best. There is no AI programming for special teams guys to keep their eyes in the backfield until the ball is kicked, as any real life special teams unit is taught, they all release downfield.

I'm sorry, but that is a chump thing to do. Just line up and go for it next time, that I could at least respect.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:11 AM   #7
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
This game is so HEAVILY slanted to favor the offense that it is hard enough just to get someone to 4th down, but having to worry about them going for it on 4th when there is absolutely no earthly reason for them to do it just ruins things.
No earthly reason? It clinched a national title.

Quote:
EVEN WORSE is that you did it using fake punt. That is pathetic. If you are so intent on gaining 4 feet to decide a national championship, line up and go for it using a legitimate formation, at least that can be stopped. No special teams plays available in this game can stop fake punt run except maybe punt block and even that is shaky at best. There is no AI programming for special teams guys to keep their eyes in the backfield until the ball is kicked, as any real life special teams unit is taught, they all release downfield.

I'm sorry, but that is a chump thing to do. Just line up and go for it next time, that I could at least respect.
He would have stopped it, but he had his guy set to strip so I ran him over. I played a gamble and won. He played a gamble and lost.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:12 AM   #8
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Hey News flash this was not "CHEESE". Cheese is using anything exploiting the flaws of the game in order to be successful.

What this case is...wait for it... A GAMBLE. Nice call although you would of failed if his Strip Ball was set to normal//conservative.

Gutsy Gutsy call and it paid off. Looks like page from a Boise St or Les Miles Playbook in my books.

Whose really to say the other user would have been able to move the ball anyways to score the score was 7-6. Which really makes that gamble even more of a stupid one because he wasn't moving the ball before so odds were in your favor to hold off.

Gutsy stupid play that worked in your favor. "Good"(I use that vaguely) win...I can guarantee 99/100 times that will fail.

Exciting way to win none the less and made that loss harder to believe for the other guy lol
YouTube: TBD

Last edited by PaperBoyx703; 09-23-2011 at 03:17 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »