Home

Who will buy NCAA 13 on release date ?

This is a discussion on Who will buy NCAA 13 on release date ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2011, 12:48 AM   #41
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Who will buy NCAA 13 on release date ?

I didn't even buy NCAA12 on release date. Besides EA helped me to realize I don't need a football fix considering I bought NCAA12 and didn't play it for a couple months waiting for the second patch. I'm definitely waiting, no matter how many features they overly advertise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2011, 12:53 AM   #42
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

depends on what improvements they make to the game. College Football & NBA 2k get the majority of my time but if i dont feel enough was done to improve the game then i'll just take the year off. Havent bought Madden the past 2 years and skipped MLB the Show this year even though it was good but i still had my franchise from the last game i didnt finish. So i've learned that i don't need to have the new sports game every year just to buy it. Games cost too much so if not enough was done to improve the game i'll skip it.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:56 AM   #43
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

you'd think EA would be able to put out a good football game one of these years. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:02 AM   #44
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Who is going to buy the game and avoid OS on release day/week/month?
Old 09-24-2011, 01:04 AM   #45
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
depends on what improvements they make to the game. College Football & NBA 2k get the majority of my time but if i dont feel enough was done to improve the game then i'll just take the year off. Havent bought Madden the past 2 years and skipped MLB the Show this year even though it was good but i still had my franchise from the last game i didnt finish. So i've learned that i don't need to have the new sports game every year just to buy it. Games cost too much so if not enough was done to improve the game i'll skip it.
That's a good thing to learn. I wish that I could do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2011, 01:24 AM   #46
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
I didn't even buy NCAA12 on release date. Besides EA helped me to realize I don't need a football fix considering I bought NCAA12 and didn't play it for a couple months waiting for the second patch. I'm definitely waiting, no matter how many features they overly advertise.
Me too. I barely even played it. I was waiting for the patch and never played it since. I liked it but, as with Madden has bugs that are noticable. But, Madden is the football fix. Sure it has its flaws in alot of areas, but its fix. DDP is big for me. I rarely get the same type of game. Having players on hot/cold streaks ot facing CPU players on Hot/cold Streaks, makes games very different. Traits make players play differently. Facing QBs who are Paranoid and facing an Ideal QB, are very different.
I am going to still buy NCAA 13. But, I want to see BIG changes. Overhaul in Gameplay(impact engine) and Audio(commentary, crowds). Big changes to Presentation(not just Entrances that get skipped after a while) and Depth for Offline modes. Most important is working out of box. Not a bug-loaded game that needs patches before playable in certain areas.
Only games(all types) I buy consistently is NBA 2k and NCAA. I dont play Online at all in any games, only play certain modes, and only beat story modes(non-sports) once then get tired of it. So, paying $60+ non-sport game Im only going to beat once is pointless. I just rent games just to either beat story mode or just want to play it. Im not really a basketball fan, but it is a very good made game consistently. I dont even play Association, just My Player.

Last edited by illwill10; 09-24-2011 at 01:45 AM.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:40 AM   #47
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

Just to clarify, if they overhaul dynasty mode, bring in a physics engine and fix the current glitches, I'll be in line at midnight with my $60 in hand, but I'm not going to settle for 'winning the battle but losing the war' logic in getting one or two things but having a lot of other things wrong.

I am a huge dynasty guy, and after last seasons 'everyone is going to suck in five years', I was hesistant but when I saw fixed ratings, I am liking it more but still not in love with it so to speak. There needs to be more variety in five stars, (I'm aware the ratings of some 4*'s match up with 5*'s but it's better for immerison).

There are so many ways to make the dynasty mode feel more like a season and less like a string of exhibition games that they aren't capitalizing on. They were nearly perfect last generation, and they tried to spin a new twist with this generation and it fell somewhat flat. If they could take the best of the last and current generation, fix the bugs out and add a few things we would have a hell of a game. But as of now I'm going to have to see what improvements are promised and what non-EA payroll people are saying about the game. I shouldn't have to be putting any work into making my game playable, I don't pay $60 to have to spend thirty minutes fixing rosters, another twenty to redo playbooks and such.

Its a decent game don't get me wrong, but they need to elevate back to the AAA status that EA is known for, this game would be a good offering from an outsider developer, not Tiburon. I try to give them the benefit of the doubt, but being the only football developers, they need to be elite not serviceable.

(If they add a physics engine I'll probably cave and buy a season ticket just to get it early..)
Old 09-24-2011, 02:00 AM   #48
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
Just to clarify, if they overhaul dynasty mode, bring in a physics engine and fix the current glitches, I'll be in line at midnight with my $60 in hand, but I'm not going to settle for 'winning the battle but losing the war' logic in getting one or two things but having a lot of other things wrong.

I am a huge dynasty guy, and after last seasons 'everyone is going to suck in five years', I was hesistant but when I saw fixed ratings, I am liking it more but still not in love with it so to speak. There needs to be more variety in five stars, (I'm aware the ratings of some 4*'s match up with 5*'s but it's better for immerison).

There are so many ways to make the dynasty mode feel more like a season and less like a string of exhibition games that they aren't capitalizing on. They were nearly perfect last generation, and they tried to spin a new twist with this generation and it fell somewhat flat. If they could take the best of the last and current generation, fix the bugs out and add a few things we would have a hell of a game. But as of now I'm going to have to see what improvements are promised and what non-EA payroll people are saying about the game. I shouldn't have to be putting any work into making my game playable, I don't pay $60 to have to spend thirty minutes fixing rosters, another twenty to redo playbooks and such.

Its a decent game don't get me wrong, but they need to elevate back to the AAA status that EA is known for, this game would be a good offering from an outsider developer, not Tiburon. I try to give them the benefit of the doubt, but being the only football developers, they need to be elite not serviceable.

(If they add a physics engine I'll probably cave and buy a season ticket just to get it early..)
Agreed
Those changes would definitely make me get it at midnight.
If they add those and add some last gen features, this will be a elite game. Imagine if when they started making current gen games and kept 80% of the features for last gen and improved them and the game, this game wouldve been good.
I just hope when they make next gen games that they dont completely start over and streamline modes and features. I would like them to keep 80% of current features and just focus on Gameplay and Graphic(and interfaces). So, it might feel like "last years game", but it will be playable from the gate and not after a few years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »