Home

Recruiting observation.

This is a discussion on Recruiting observation. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2011, 11:38 PM   #1
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Recruiting observation.

This may be an old finding but I didn't find anything after doing a search. During my first season of my offline dynasty I keep record of every athlete recruit in hopes of making them true athletes. Every athlete recruit that signed with a school was recorded. I also made note of 5 players who were 4 or 5 star players that signed with a school but never received an offer. After the off season was over and before pre season recruiting, I went to the edit roster section to edit every athlete to improve ratings in one other position area to make them true athletes. This is where I noticed that the 5 recruits that never received an offer were not on the roster. I used the all position sort by alphabetical order method of searching for the players. This way I would not assume the AI would place them at the position I thought they would play.

After seeing this I started paying closer attention to other recruits. I noticed UCLA had signed two 3* guys and a 2* player. The 3* players were not on the roster while the 2* was. The 2* was a 57ovr so it made zero sense to keep him over the 3* guys. I didn't note if the two 3* players received offers or if the signed without an offer. I noticed the same thing happened with schools like Va Tech, Marshall, Idaho, Michigan State, and W. Kentucky. All 5 school keep 2* recruits over 3* recruits.

My thinking is the AI will cut the players who sign without an offer or at least cut the athletes. I have not done any further testing to see if this was a one time thing or not. I would think the fact that 5 players who were in the top 40 at their position were cut or missing from the roster is proof that their may be an issue. I'm not trying to find issues with the game but just a simple observation I made while trying to improve the game for my own good. I would like to know if anyone else has noticed this or may want to test it out further. I don't have a ton of time to spend testing the game but I may try to do another test at some point.

System: PS3
Title update #2
Luv's rosters version 1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2011, 10:39 AM   #2
Rookie

stigs007's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Recruiting observation.

That's just annoying. How often in real life do you ever see a 4 or 5 star player sign with a school w/o a scholarship? Simple stuff like this that gives me no faith in EA making a complete football game.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:55 AM   #3
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by stigs007
That's just annoying. How often in real life do you ever see a 4 or 5 star player sign with a school w/o a scholarship? Simple stuff like this that gives me no faith in EA making a complete football game.
This is the most upsetting ****. I was #5 on a recruit and no one above me had offered. This is a 4* recruit we're talking about. He signed with a team that didn't offer him a scholarship.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 04:12 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Damn how long that take to do???????? But that also could be a reason a lot of the big teams stuck to suck after a couple years
Old 10-20-2011, 07:13 PM   #5
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
This is the most upsetting ****. I was #5 on a recruit and no one above me had offered. This is a 4* recruit we're talking about. He signed with a team that didn't offer him a scholarship.
I wonder if he is still on at the school he signed with but never received an offer? I only noticed this with Athletes because that was the recruits I was working with. I may try to do a another test tonight if I can get done grading test. I will follow 10 players who sign without an offer to see if they end up on the roster the following season. When I do I will post results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2011, 07:31 PM   #6
Rookie

blackved's Arena

Im glad I am not alone while having this problem consistently. Excited to see your results!
Old 10-20-2011, 08:07 PM   #7
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

I am not sure how the CPU addresses these players when they are on the roster either. I just quit an online dynasty where the commissioner was in a hurry to speed through offseason so I missed both position changes and cut players. Well I oversigned players, so I would have had to cut a bunch, but I also couldn't move a TE I had specifically recruited to play FB and an ATH I intended to move to FS... so the CPU signed walk ons at these positions. Adding to the necessary cuts.

Then when he advanced past cut players without me being able to do it, the game cut the #9, 4* WR who was 80 overall, two other WR recruits that were 3*, the 4* athlete that would have played FS all the while keeping 7 HB's on my roster (all of which were VERY good) and 7 additional offensive linemen.

So I ended up losing 3 of my best recruits to cuts because the game felt having 15 linemen instead of 7 WR. Suffice it to say I quit the dyn because of the commish being in such a hurry that it wasted all my recruiting efforts.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:49 PM   #8
Rookie

B1ackswords's Arena

hahahaha I had the exact opposite of this!!!! one guy was a 4 star Guard and he had 42 offers!!!!! no joke idk what happened to him

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »