Home

New PS3 1 to 2 Star Non AQ Dynasty

This is a discussion on New PS3 1 to 2 Star Non AQ Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2011, 04:30 PM   #49
Rookie

MrPolo7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New PS3 1 to 2 Star Non AQ Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
I'd love for the conference changes to reflect the real life ones if we do that. It'd be great to get 5 guys in the MWC, I'd love the user competition. Right now I think I have 3 user games, the more the merrier for me.

I'm really enjoying the dynasty as well, especially recruiting. I have had to change up the way I recruit in order to stay competitive on guys. At bigger schools I will just add 35 guys, go after about 20 heavily and then maybe 2 or 3 guys that aren't interested in me. I can't waste minutes like that here though.
Recruiting for me has been tough...I look at these 5 star recruits who would fit my triple-option/3-3-5 def perfectly and then remember Im army and go searching the 3 stars ha
Old 10-25-2011, 05:16 PM   #50
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPolo7
Recruiting for me has been tough...I look at these 5 star recruits who would fit my triple-option/3-3-5 def perfectly and then remember Im army and go searching the 3 stars ha
Haha I know! I added about 15 guys that I had a realistic chance on, signed a couple just low rated guys the first week. Trying to build depth elsewhere, especially on the offensive and defensive lines and at linebacker. Then I added 10 4 or 5 star guys that are way out of my league, but who I'll go after with like 60 minutes and a scholarship to see if they get interested one week. If not, I'll move on to the next guy.

I'm hoping I hit it big on just one of them to get a big time playmaker that can help bridge the gap until I can get real recruits. I desperately need a QB since my top 2 graduate but I cannot get anyone worth anything to look at me, which is silly considering I throw 50 times a game and my starting QB has 951 yards passing in 2 games. You'd think someone might be interested in slinging it around a little.

I have to run my 50 pass attempts a game air raid because my RB's are awful and I have 0 TE or FB on the roster. I'd like to get more balance, but I don't see that happening for a few years. Luckily I have like 15 WR's on my roster, so I won't need to recruit too hard there. I run the 335 as well, so I'm working on getting DB and LB depth as well as finding a strong DT that can eat up blocks so my LB's can clean up. One of my recruits I signed was a DT, but I don't see him playing for a few years.

Last edited by PowerofRed25; 10-25-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #51
Rookie

MrPolo7's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Haha I know! I added about 15 guys that I had a realistic chance on, signed a couple just low rated guys the first week. Trying to build depth elsewhere, especially on the offensive and defensive lines and at linebacker. Then I added 10 4 or 5 star guys that are way out of my league, but who I'll go after with like 60 minutes and a scholarship to see if they get interested one week. If not, I'll move on to the next guy.

I'm hoping I hit it big on just one of them to get a big time playmaker that can help bridge the gap until I can get real recruits. I desperately need a QB since my top 2 graduate but I cannot get anyone worth anything to look at me, which is silly considering I throw 50 times a game and my starting QB has 951 yards passing in 2 games. You'd think someone might be interested in slinging it around a little.

I have to run my 50 pass attempts a game air raid because my RB's are awful and I have 0 TE or FB on the roster. I'd like to get more balance, but I don't see that happening for a few years. Luckily I have like 15 WR's on my roster, so I won't need to recruit too hard there. I run the 335 as well, so I'm working on getting DB and LB depth as well as finding a strong DT that can eat up blocks so my LB's can clean up. One of my recruits I signed was a DT, but I don't see him playing for a few years.

Since I run the trip-option Im lucky from a QB standpoint, I can really throw anyone out there, but I also already have a RS Freshman who is fast (but his thp/tha are in the 60s...)

My main issue is getting some athletic linemen...I'm focusing mostly on the line this season, but I'm also trying to figure out what I'll do at FB once my beast Hassin graduates...Im trying to find some power HBs to recruit that I can put back there. But OL and FB are tough for me..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2011, 05:50 PM   #52
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPolo7
Since I run the trip-option Im lucky from a QB standpoint, I can really throw anyone out there, but I also already have a RS Freshman who is fast (but his thp/tha are in the 60s...)

My main issue is getting some athletic linemen...I'm focusing mostly on the line this season, but I'm also trying to figure out what I'll do at FB once my beast Hassin graduates...Im trying to find some power HBs to recruit that I can put back there. But OL and FB are tough for me..
FB recruiting sucks in this years game, it is tough to find one. I usually do the same thing. Find a 200+ back with B- or B speed that CPU teams don't usually go after and make him a FB. It will suck not having a FB or TE on roster for me because the CPU will make me sign some regardless. Right now my TE is a 6'4" 230 BEAST WR who is a great TE and my second leading WR, but he is a Junior, so I don't see me moving him to TE in the offseason.

OL is the key for me too, I want to be able to run in a few years, so I'm looking for balance. I also prefer having a QB that can move a bit so I can mix some spread option in, so I'll have to find something in the next few years.

I run option at Nebraska in another dynasty where I run a 3 back offense with Burkhead and 3 STUD true freshmen backs. Wishbone, Flexbone, some basic I and then integrated spread elements. I'd love to be able to get to that here at Hawai'i, but I don't see how I'll get the backs to do it.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:17 PM   #53
Rookie

tarheel2069's Arena

OVR: 2

These are new settings for me so its been a huge adjustment. I barely got any pressure on the QB and finished with 12 penalties. At least 5 were for roughing the passer, the QB would go down and the flag would come out if I even got near him after the throw.

Recruiting is going to be difficult with alot of my recruits having user teams also interested.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:41 PM   #54
Rookie

BleedBlue23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel2069
These are new settings for me so its been a huge adjustment. I barely got any pressure on the QB and finished with 12 penalties. At least 5 were for roughing the passer, the QB would go down and the flag would come out if I even got near him after the throw.

Recruiting is going to be difficult with alot of my recruits having user teams also interested.
I lowered the Roughing The Passer settings just a little bit ago. Lowered it from 60 to 51. Should no longer see 5 in one game. The goal is to maybe see one a game every now and then in order to make up for the lack of pass interference calls in this game.

When you play your Week 2 game against FAU, let me know how it goes as far as penalties.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:13 AM   #55
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

The Hawai'i Warriors just upset the #16 Auburn Tigers in Auburn 45-24. Really 38-24, but we scored on the second to last play of the game just lobbing a 4th down pass into the end zone to take time off the clock.

Hawai'i now has a BYE and then a user game on the road against Louisiana Tech, followed by another BYE and another user game on the road at San Jose State. Somehow I ended up with 4 consecutive road games with bye weeks stuck between them. No problem though, this air raid offense will go wherever it needs to go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2011, 06:28 PM   #56
Rookie

tarheel2069's Arena

OVR: 2

I think I had only 1 against me this game but the defense had at least 4. 3 of which occured all on the same drive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »