Home

A WTF moment. How does this happen?

This is a discussion on A WTF moment. How does this happen? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2011, 11:48 AM   #9
Rookie

stigs007's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: A WTF moment. How does this happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
That's not it. It's not stated in this thread but the OP said in another thread he's playing as Arizona State so he would have gone in if it were alphabetical. My theory is that the game uses in-division record as the first tie-breaker.
I agree. Colorado's division record must have been better. It was my understanding, at least with the Big Ten, that it first goes by conference record, head to head, then division record. Seems like it might have skipped the head to head, or I might be mistaken.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:53 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by stigs007
I agree. Colorado's division record must have been better. It was my understanding, at least with the Big Ten, that it first goes by conference record, head to head, then division record. Seems like it might have skipped the head to head, or I might be mistaken.
The PAC-12 site says it should be head-to-head and then division record. Obviously the head-to-head will break the tie in all cases involving only two-teams.

http://www.pac-12.org/portals/7/imag...fcg/index.html

It sucks that the game doesn't do it correctly but I'd take anything over alphabetical tiebreakers so it's nice to see that's not the case.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:44 PM   #11
Pro

bwburke94's Arena

OVR: 4

Hold on a second, where's overall record in the tiebreaker?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2011, 09:08 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94
Hold on a second, where's overall record in the tiebreaker?
Overall records are not used in tiebreakers (or come way down the list) in real life because OOC schedules vary too much.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:33 AM   #13
Rookie

TreyDobbs's Arena

OVR: 5

I was ranked in the top 20 in the BCS while Colorado was unranked. We both had 3 conference losses. I had the head to head win. I only had 1 division loss to UCLA. Colorado's division loss was to ME. So again, tied in that aspect. Head to head should have came into effect, though it didn't.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:53 PM   #14
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

EA doesn't count H2H matchups, it goes Alphabetical for tiebreakers.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:45 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

SO i am in my 2nd season washington huskies franchise. Week 12 i beat Nevada 20 - 3 in a Non conference game (kinda weird in week 12). Washington is now 9-1 and ranked #10 in the BCS. I see that #1 Alabama is playing #3 LSU, so i play the game. I won with LSU 23-13.

I move on to week 13, but the BCS has Washington ranked 15. The highlights said i lost and i dropped in the rankings but the schedule showed i won.

and LSU #3 beat #1 alabama to stay undefeated but the standings show both teams lost and LSU dropped to 5 in the BCS, but they are still undefeated

WTF!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2011, 07:59 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
EA doesn't count H2H matchups, it goes Alphabetical for tiebreakers.
...no, because OP is Arizona State. Let's go over the alphabet. A as in Arizona, B, C as in Colorado.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »